• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I bleed air tanks?

jimmcld

They make some spring loaded valves that you can open without crawling under the truck. If your old like me, you might want to get some. Makes it a lot easier to drain your tanks.

aspann

Great idea Jim, I picked up a couple the other day. I guess you can connect them together and have the one chain to pull. How do you secure the one chain to the outside?

steelandcanvas

Just a couple weeks ago there was a thread that discussed these spring loaded drain valves. They seem to perform OK for awhile, then get clogged up and not return to the off position. Personally, I'm returning to the 1/4 turn ball valves, I might get a little dirty draining my air, but I won't be worrying about leaks.:cool:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Just a couple weeks ago there was a thread that discussed these spring loaded drain valves. They seem to perform OK for awhile, then get clogged up and not return to the off position. Personally, I'm returning to the 1/4 turn ball valves, I might get a little dirty draining my air, but I won't be worrying about leaks.:cool:

The ball valves are the only way to go. It is all I have ever used. They do not freeze up etc.. I put a 90 degree elbow on and then it deflects the air so you do not have to get a face full of dirt etc.

Attachments