• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I get it home?

Ripcord01

Jay . I will be at Meade on Wednesday. I would be more than happy to take the extra 45 minutes and check the truck out for you. **** you can park it in my driveway. I have a friend that has a tractor trailer who hauls for the Military on occasion so he knows the ropes and all about transport. If you want to go this route PM me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks,

Kreg

R Racing

its a 1 1/2 inch lug but thats the least of your worries if you have never changed out a tire on a a3 before. you need to remove some of the ctis piping to do a tire swap.

RealCavDog

its a 1 1/2 inch lug but thats the least of your worries if you have never changed out a tire on a a3 before. you need to remove some of the ctis piping to do a tire swap.

Much easier said than done, or written ! Not bad after doing it a couple times, but can be a bit crazy first time and in a bad situation or in a hurry !

jaymcb

Jay . I will be at Meade on Wednesday. I would be more than happy to take the extra 45 minutes and check the truck out for you. **** you can park it in my driveway. I have a friend that has a tractor trailer who hauls for the Military on occasion so he knows the ropes and all about transport. If you want to go this route PM me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks,

Kreg
Thank you! PM sent

In general, I have to say I am HUMBLED by the outreach, generosity and PATIENCE of the members here, You're a great bunch of people. I only hope to have a MV clue some day so I can pay it forward. :)

jaymcb

Can anyone point me in the direction of the manual for the A4 version of the M109? The A2/A3 versions speak at length about the powerplants THEY have, but less about the CAT 3116 the A4 has.

I did not see an A4 manual on the jatonkam35s website.....

rlwm211

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Can anyone point me in the direction of the manual for the A4 version of the M109? The A2/A3 versions speak at length about the powerplants THEY have, but less about the CAT 3116 the A4 has.

I did not see an A4 manual on the jatonkam35s website.....
You can find the TMs here
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

jaymcb

Let's just say things didn't go as planned.
I just got home a few minutes ago, another 21 hour day....second in a row.

As far as the quote above.....The man has a singular gift for understatement.

My insurance agent, who PROMISED me a binder for my ride home today, FAILED. The idea of driving 16,580 pounds (I parked on the GL scale :) ) of uninsured, unregistered and unknown MV 300+ miles on the Friday of a holiday weekend made me break out in a cold sweat. Discretion was the better part of valor.

I called over a dozen self storage sites to see if any would allow storage of the machine....no tags and insurance, no storage....anyone seeing a pattern?

Anyway, the kindness of a member here has been extended, and my deuce has a temporary home even further from me than it was, but at least it's off the GL lot, and the SF97 has been applied for. 2 batteries and at least 2 tires needed next.

I drove her today, about 60 miles. I'm STILL smiling from the drive, even after a 10 hour drive home without my new MV, and a double dose of exhaustion and frustration.

Simply stated, I cannot thank Jim (R Racing) enough. :beer:

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got home a few minutes ago, another 21 hour day....second in a row.

As far as the quote above.....The man has a singular gift for understatement.

My insurance agent, who PROMISED me a binder for my ride home today, FAILED. The idea of driving 16,580 pounds (I parked on the GL scale :) ) of uninsured, unregistered and unknown MV 300+ miles on the Friday of a holiday weekend made me break out in a cold sweat. Discretion was the better part of valor.

I called over a dozen self storage sites to see if any would allow storage of the machine....no tags and insurance, no storage....anyone seeing a pattern?

Anyway, the kindness of a member here has been extended, and my deuce has a temporary home even further from me than it was, but at least it's off the GL lot, and the SF97 has been applied for. 2 batteries and at least 2 tires needed next.

I drove her today, about 60 miles. I'm STILL smiling from the drive, even after a 10 hour drive home without my new MV, and a double dose of exhaustion and frustration.

Simply stated, I cannot thank Jim (R Racing) enough. :beer:

Things like this build character. And just think, you haven't even dealt with the RMV yet!! I had my first round dose with those clowns yesterday over an M101A2 trailer that I just acquired out of Fort Meade. The weight of my trailer is such that no title is required by Mass law, but they are balking at accepting the GL bill of sale and are pushing me to acquire an SF97 and title the trailer. Their reasoning thus far?? The VIN on the trailer is 16 digits and they only understand 17 digit VIN's. Furthermore, they stated that the GL bill of sale didn't look "official" enough to suit them. Oh joy!!

John

KsM715

Things like this build character. And just think, you haven't even dealt with the RMV yet!! I had my first round dose with those clowns yesterday over an M101A2 trailer that I just acquired out of Fort Meade. The weight of my trailer is such that no title is required by Mass law, but they are balking at accepting the GL bill of sale and are pushing me to acquire an SF97 and title the trailer. Their reasoning thus far?? The VIN on the trailer is 16 digits and they only understand 17 digit VIN's. Furthermore, they stated that the GL bill of sale didn't look "official" enough to suit them. Oh joy!!

John

If the law says you dont need it, why apply for it?

Other wise throw some civy lights on it (temporarily) and remove the data plate, make your own with your vin number but add a zero at the front or end and get a home built trailer title.

acvolt145

Good luck on the recovery, I happened to pick up a 109a4 from Sparta a couple of months back and never had a problem, checked it out and changed some hoses once i got it home, lower radiator seems to be a normal one, pm me i got a napa number that works for $20 instead of the 80+ wanted for a mil-spec replacement. I carry a broad form coverage through Viking Insurance Co. of Wisconsin, to cover me in anything I drive, it may only be liability but at least you have some protection for the other people just not your truck, believe i pay 35$ a month for the max allowed liability coverage so I never have a problem of not being insured. Just recently checked on insurance once i got it registered and came up with a quote for full coverage, under collectors insurance with a value of 15000 (just what i stated it was worth) for $210 a year with $500 deductibles so i think its a no brainer to go with that, and no mileage restrictions or anything extra tacked on the policy.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Other wise throw some civy lights on it (temporarily) and remove the data plate, make your own with your vin number but add a zero at the front or end and get a home built trailer title.
If only the Mass RMV operated this way. Home built trailers require a certification of parts origin, or so they informed me. Unfortunately, Mass is in that same category as some of the other notoriously bad states. I believe it may be simpler to just apply for the SF97 and be done with it.

John

hilber

After picking up about 20 2.5 ton trucks in the last 5 years, I would guess about 4 or 5 of them would have been road worthy, and made a successful 250 mile trip home, safely. Thats 25/75% odds.

one more thought, if it has any tires that are flat now, I would not even consider driving it home. Those tires have a bad reputation of failure(from the stress of sitting flat)

What do you base your faith on?
63 yrs of experience working on a farm, farm vehicles, time spent in the Army. time spent using heavy equipment and of course last and certainly not least: Almighty God.

jaymcb

In MA, it doesn't MATTER what the LAW says; it matters what the political HACK/bureaucrat says that goes. I do NOT like it, but that's just the way things work here.

I wonder if it would be possible to register it as an RV since it has a van body, and just be done with it.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks