• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you justify a Deuce to a wife/gf?

alfred10

I want the M35A3 in the worst way but my gf is giving me a hard time about it. She said I will look crazy and that she will never ride in it. How can I fix this?

CycleJay

Hello Alfred,

Man up, put your foot down, and go out and get one. Whether she likes it or not.
If you give in, she will own you forever, and you will regret it.

If she splits or never rides in it, too bad, that is her loss, and then maybe she is not the type of girl for you.

Or just tell her, it will be a good vehicle to get away in and protect both of you in case of disaster (terrorist attack, earthquake, fires, floods, hurricanes, tornado's, etc...)

Just do NOT give in.. Ever!

Good luck,

CJ

whyme

hmm, had the same issue... but i bought it anyway. she was my gf, not my controller. few months later she was gone (not due to the truck) and most women i show it to want a ride. hahaha, MV's are chick magnets!!

UNCLEBUSTA

I think bob has the right idea but, everyone said the same thing to me and as soon as i got it and got it cleaned up everyone wants a ride!

flyxpl

I don't understand what your worried about , I am sure you will find someone to ride in it . My two M35A2 arrived about a month ago , I told the wife I was getting one . I soon will have a M35A3 on the way , I will tell her about that when it shows up .

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want the M35A3 in the worst way but my gf is giving me a hard time about it. She said I will look crazy and that she will never ride in it. How can I fix this?
I took the sneaky route, which back-fired. I didn't even mention wanting a Deuce to the wife. I contacted State Farm for an insurance quote for a Deuce, and asked the woman agent to not call the house. Unfortunately, as soon as I got home from work the next day, my wife had the quote written down and handed it to me - - - NOT GOOD! I tried justifying it to her, but to no avail. I bid on one Deuce, but the bidding went way out of reason. I bid on a second Deuce and won it. The wife refused to ride in it and told all of her friends I was crazy. Then, I offered to move a lot of plants for the local garden club, which she was a member of. The women in the garden club went crazy over the Deuce, and wanted rides. They were fighting over who got to ride in the Deuce. They told my wife she was lucky to have a husband like me with such a neat truck. That changed everything! Now she loves my Deuce and actually helped me was the mud off of it last weekend, no small task.

Preacherboy

Just get it, she might think you are crazy...but that is ok she is just your gf! My wife said she would never ride with me, but she has and she wants to put a "hello kitty" sticker on it, I said as long as it is a small one.

Flyingvan911

I don't understand what your worried about , I am sure you will find someone to ride in it . My two M35A2 arrived about a month ago , I told the wife I was getting one . I soon will have a M35A3 on the way , I will tell her about that when it shows up .
Seriously honey...It just followed me home! Ask your girlfriend if painting it pink would help. Then when you get it, tell her you can't find any pink CARC. :cool:

joeM62

The guys here have a point she is your GF not your wife if you want it got for it tell her it's automatic she can drive it. My wife almost had a heart attack when I went after a 5ton she chilled after words.

84crawling

Well like Dad says "sometimes its better to get forgiveness then permission" [thumbzup] lol this coming from the Man that has 16 boats, and more projects than i could finish in a life time.

I say go for it! if all else fails and she leaves u for it, stencil "cause for break up" on the back of the m35 and keep rolling, Cuss the truck is gonna be cheaper to maintain in the long run:grd:

frodobaggins

You don't justify ANYTHING to your GF. Wives, you tell them of your intent, and come up with a good way to get the money that won't piss her off. End of story.

When I told my wife, she was not too happy for a few days! When we had a major forest fire here a couple of years ago she sure liked the idea of having a "Deuce" witth a 800 gallon tank of water and pumps and hoses on standby. Nothing more said. We are going on 40 years of marriage next spring. Get the deuce and enjoy it!! elkhunter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks