• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you move your generator(s)?

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't own much in the way of material handling equipment and have typically relied on my tilt-deck trailer and a small dolly with floor jacks to move stuff around. Recently I built a pair of towable dollys to improve my ability to shuffle generators.
20230907_185010.jpg

It got me curious how all of you move a half ton or more of surplus around. :giggle:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put mine on an empty trailer chassis that had a 55 gallon fuel tank built in. 802 so it's short enough to fit between the fenders, but used tome 6" C-channel to raise it high enough to open the foors on the front without removing a fender.
c8e1007c77f1ce7796ff1b91e4794934387869e6-2.jpg
Before it was on the trailer I used the front bucket of a Kubota tractor and some 2" straps to lift it. Straps would go over the bucket front to back, so keep them spread out and not pressing in on the bodywork.

justinn

just got rid of my Kubota Grand L4060 to up my game to a Kubota SVL 75-2 tracked skid steer 60 inch forks, picks up an 803 on a trailer nicely. no more pucker factor.
I also use a Kubota SVL75 with forks to move them around and rack them up on the pallet racking. Just pulled an 803A off of a trailer with it. Forks make it so much easier, although when I am working at my shop, I use a Toyota electric forklift.

Justin

Ray70

Case 580D 4x4 with bucket forks, or Lull 644 when plucking off or plopping onto trucks and trailers.
My Son's JD 425 also has custom built fork attachments both front and rear and can pick up an 803 or 003 with either end.
I've delivered several using a cheap 4x8 harbor freight tilt trailer. Back it into place and slide it off carefully.
Picked up a few using the same trailer with some blocks an 8' prybar and a come-along to drag up onto the trailer.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Case 580D 4x4 with bucket forks, or Lull 644 when plucking off or plopping onto trucks and trailers.
My Son's JD 425 also has custom built fork attachments both front and rear and can pick up an 803 or 003 with either end.
I've delivered several using a cheap 4x8 harbor freight tilt trailer. Back it into place and slide it off carefully.
Picked up a few using the same trailer with some blocks an 8' prybar and a come-along to drag up onto the trailer.

I would like to see that 425 in action. I built forks for my 318's 3pt, but lift capacity is only 640 lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks