• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How hard to reseal/boot front axle??

jasonjc

I haven't had good luck with any boots other then the nos zipper boots. One thing I found out that helps is go to harbor fright and get one of them little parts washes and pumps. Then stick the parts washer under the hub your working on and clean as you pull it apart. As I take the bolts out I let them fall into the parts tank to soak.

Before I did it this way I just used 5 gallon buckets. You can slide the hub off the spindle and set it into the open end of the bucket. That way when your spraying the wheel bearings and races out with cleaner, it all falls right into the bucket. Also help because your not trying to work on the ground, don't want to hurt my young back this soon.
I have the same thing the little 3 gal one. I put mine on one of the small 4 wheel dolly thing and roll it from wheel to wheel. I ues to clead up when I do the brakes to. I put a longer hose on the pump so it will reach the top of the backing plate. Works great.

paulfarber

My boot was torn by what looked like the steering limit bolt. (which was welded in place... maybe after it backed out and ripped the boot???) The passenger side boot seems to have many miles on it... its in rough shape... but still intact.

I did note that the drivers side zipper was pointed at 3 o'clock and the passenger side at 9 o'clock.. the inner and outer ring bolts were also at 1-2 o'clock.. this contradicts the TMs and other guys install posts... but I put them on the way they came off... just to see if they were on in some special way.