• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long at Battle Creek?

tractors0130

My first one will be at 120 days in 2 days from event # 5073, got a letter several weeks ago from BC saying that my paperwork was being reviewed. My second EUC cleared in 30 days, still don't know why or how a second EUC can clear before the first other than seperate divisions within BC. I get a different answer from GL each time I call.

davidkroberts

EUC's arent cleared at GL they go to Battle Creek and are processed by the government. Thats why the whole process is screwy. DRMS/DLIA are the people who actually do the paperpushing to get the EUC processed GL just informs you when it does through or doesnt

My first one will be at 120 days in 2 days from event # 5073, got a letter several weeks ago from BC saying that my paperwork was being reviewed. My second EUC cleared in 30 days, still don't know why or how a second EUC can clear before the first other than seperate divisions within BC. I get a different answer from GL each time I call.
Well, my paperwork has been at BC since March 10, I won the auction on Feb. 4. I FINALLY got in touch with someone from DLA, they called me two days ago to confirm the spelling on my paperwork.

The guy said he would try to get back to me this week, I sure hope this is a good sign, this has been going on too long. And my emails and phone calls to GL were useless.

LC

Well, I finally got some movement on this issue, but I am a bit confused. Below is the text of the email I got from DRMS.

I thought that military trucks were Demil "B" or "Q", not "F"? Anybody have any idea what this message means? There is a link to the demil codes on GL, but when I try to access it all I get is a message saying that the URL is incorrect.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I am starting to salivate like a wild dog here!

LongueCarabine

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Your inquiry to the DLA Disposition Services Customer Service office
requesting status of the End Use Certificate you submitted in support of
your recent purchase with Government Liquidation (GL) was forwarded to me
for direct response to you.

The DLA Accountability office responsible for issuing a Trade Security
Control (TSC) clearance to buyers advises that your clearance is still
pending. Because the vehicle you are purchasing has a demilitarization
code of "F" assigned, the Accountability office requires a demilitarization
certificate in order to complete their clearance process. We provided the
certifications to the DLA Accountability office today and they will expedite
your TSC assessment and advise GL once completed.

I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

XXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Sales Contracting Officer
DLA Disposition Services - Battle Creek

Seth_O

I thought that military trucks were Demil "B" or "Q", not "F"? Anybody have any idea what this message means? There is a link to the demil codes on GL, but when I try to access it all I get is a message saying that the URL is incorrect.
I read a seperate post here on SS where DRMS advised the buyer that because of the irridium in the gauges trucks were being moved from demil B/Q to demil F, and the vehicles were requiring a seperate & additional clearance certificate. Hence the hold-up.

I chatted with Jacinta at GL about it, and she said it was possible that was the hold-up (she was clearly aware of that particular issue,) but she had no way to tell if that was the delay on mine specifically.

I now have an email convo going with DLA about it. Hopefully that gets me further along.....

Thanks, Seth.

After I posted this question, I started looking around the site for some information and came across that same post. In it, there is info that the military and GL have known about this since around Sept. 2009.

While I am happy to have some kind of response, it sure is taking long to get the proper clearances sent out. I won my auction in February, 5 months after the issue with the gauges became known. And it is almost 6 months since the auction.

I sure hope I am coming to the end of this road.

LC

ETA: Link to thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/54962-euc-delayed-send-letter.html

Last edited:

Jimma

I would not worry about it. I think my email was just about the same. It got the ball rolling and things started happening. The important thing is that the email stated that the certifications have been sent to the DLA office and things are being expdedited. Once I got that email things were done in just about 3 business days.

Finally got my approval yesterday!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I am about to pop. Six months exactly to the day I won the auction.

I have already posted transport needs in the Transportation section, if anyone can help I would appreciate it, I need to get this thing off the lot ASAP before it goes missing!

LongueCarabine

pnishr

Finally got my approval yesterday!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I am about to pop. Six months exactly to the day I won the auction.

I have already posted transport needs in the Transportation section, if anyone can help I would appreciate it, I need to get this thing off the lot ASAP before it goes missing!

LongueCarabine
You've given me hope on my first one. My other two sales are already parked in Dallas...

I'm not QUITE to the 6month mark... but within 2 weeks of it. so, maybe they'll get it soon.

And here I was thinking I had the record. oh, wait, maybe now i do...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks