• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long does the Primary Fuel Filter drain For!?

The top of the primary filter housing should be above the top of the tank. When you pull the bolt out of the top of the filter housing it should break the siphon and the fuel will stop flowing. Also crack the fuel lid to make sure the sun hasn't been building pressure in the tank.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top of the primary filter housing should be above the top of the tank. When you pull the bolt out of the top of the filter housing it should break the siphon and the fuel will stop flowing. Also crack the fuel lid to make sure the sun hasn't been building pressure in the tank.
It's a bobber with the tank under the bed .

ctappan94

yes sir, indeed ^ . I did manage to drain a whole bunch of gunk out of the original fuel filter... straight sediment & a good half pint of water... there was about 2 ounces of trans fluid in the tranny when I drained that as well....... swear to god. And the diffs were OK, but lots of metal build up on the magnet...LOTS... motor oil was straight sludge, as was the oil on the pan...just sludge. but nonetheless, this is next on the list! :D

IMO the best course of action would be to disconnect the fuel line at the tank, whether its a rubber hose with clamp or a fitting to unscrew. The purpose being to stop the siphon, the line you disconnect MUST be able to be raised above the level of fuel in the tank.

ctappan94

IMO the best course of action would be to disconnect the fuel line at the tank, whether its a rubber hose with clamp or a fitting to unscrew. The purpose being to stop the siphon, the line you disconnect MUST be able to be raised above the level of fuel in the tank.

sounds great, I'll try it right after the thundering stops. lol. but this won't cause fuel to drain all over my driveway, correct? ... because it seems like it would.. haha

seems like it'd be easier to just run 'er dry

To reiterate
the line you disconnect MUST be able to be raised above the level of fuel in the tank.
The consequence of not raising the line above the level of fuel will be a lot of diesel in your driveway. Having never seen your truck it may be conducive for you to just drain the tank dry, and refill when done, your call.

steelandcanvas

ask the PO....... :| I leave it in gear... he said 'its completely safe' LOL
The PO has given you some erroneous information...all it takes is a bump from another vehicle and as Porky said, it will start. I'd look into buying/making chocks and getting that handbrake re-installed. That truck was manufactured with that handbrake for a reason.

rmgill

You can bump start these engines forwards or backwards. They'll run both directions. However, in reverse rotation they will not have oil flow!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks