• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many more HUMVEES for sale on Gov Planet?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
A secret source told me that GP Will buy back all the trucks that anyone paid over $500.00 for so that the buyer does not lose any many....it's part of the IRonclad guarantee and the roll out for an even newer warranty campaign called "No customer left behind"

:roll::roll::roll:
I've been trying not to comment on this thread and just observe, but this one got one a laugh out of me and a few at the office

Last edited by a moderator:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched them cut up a couple Slantback models at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ last week. There is a line of them going to the scrapper. Maybe whom ever gets that scrap can score some parts or deal on parts.
That should be a crime. Look at all the WWII stuff that got scrapped with only a couple remaining in the entire world....... That pisses me off to no end.

Last edited:

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One recent scrap contract out of Crane was about 500 vehicles. They are harvesting some parts but LOTS of great materials being entirely destroyed...just amazing. What national security risk is letting us US citizens have a shot at a hydraulic crane or 16.00 tires nearly brand new, for use in US entrepreneurs hands? And I'm not talking about exporting, it's us they are prohibiting from getting the valuable components at real surplus prices. Hey Trump...give US citizens a break and see if we can be productive!
I look at some of the prices. And I see how inefficient government is. And I wonder if the net to the government is higher on the scrap sales as they are easier to administer. And then you can't have "Company XXX bought $BigNumber worth of stuff as scrap and made millions reselling it!"

Throw in some "No risk at coding for shredding" mentality...

dk8019

It could nearly happen. The cheapest M35A2 I ever bought, running and in great condition closed for a little over $400 at a GL auction back in 2008 or 2009. It was part of a FMS lot that was suddenly not going out, so they sold the entire lot in one week. It was worth far more than scrap.

DSCF5716.jpg

Last edited:

TwoStates

why would anyone think, unless your kidding, that they would ever sell for $100?
they are worth more then that at scrap value, they could part them out and make even more...just sayin.
I was exaggerating a bit, but if they do surplus 50,000+ of these I can see them selling for $2,000-2,500 each.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was exaggerating a bit, but if they do surplus 50,000+ of these I can see them selling for $2,000-2,500 each.

No, I seriously doubt it....like I've said in the past, this is a business, they aren't dumping 50,000 of them at one time....you will be spoon fed and like it....lol

vinhvinny

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the speculation. I love the whole GP source stuff...
Thank you for your past communication. As you could notice that I can't say much about what you know or said due to your work and reputation around here.

The post #10 of this thread I barely say anything else.

Some employees at GP told me straight out: don't worry we have many more. Some just say, "keep checking back."

Is there any clear guideline for GP representatives to talk about the number of HUMVEES currently available for sale IF they know about it?

vinny

HUMVEE1

The number of units for sale at any given time should double soon as a test of the effect of quantity on pricing strength.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Thank you for your past communication. As you could notice that I can't say much about what you know or said due to your work and reputation around here.

The post #10 of this thread I barely say anything else.

Some employees at GP told me straight out: don't worry we have many more. Some just say, "keep checking back."

Is there any clear guideline for GP representatives to talk about the number of HUMVEES currently available for sale IF they know about it?

vinny
No worries Vinny I didn't mean it negatively at all. I laugh at it due to most of the guys in the field only know about there specific bases and those around them. So the ones where we get the most will say "we have tons of them" but the guy at a base that doesn't get them as often will tell you the exact opposite. Do I know how many we have? You bet I do! Do I know how many we have coming down the pipeline? I have ideas but its not as much of an exact science as one would think.

vinhvinny

Do I know how many we have? You bet I do!
I guess in this public forum you won't blurb that figure out! But as once said, we won't run out of humvees this year--for that, I am very happy already, Jwade.

250 for sale on a Tuesday! June 28th. That is a huge spike of how many for sale!

I was having a nightmare last night thinking GOVPlanet would be like "let's get rid of the last humvees we have on hand and get it over with"

1bb19505fe112eca2dea4a22fa4d2e45.jpg

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I guess in this public forum you won't blurb that figure out! But as once said, we won't run out of humvees this year--for that, I am very happy already, Jwade.

250 for sale on a Tuesday! June 28th. That is a huge spike of how many for sale!

I was having a nightmare last night thinking GOVPlanet would be like "let's get rid of the last humvees we have on hand and get it over with"

View attachment 627439
Yes we are doing a 2 day sale event at the end of June. So 250 all running HV's on Tuesday and then a regular sale(minus HV's) on the Wednesday.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any thoughts about lowering the starting price? I saw one last week starting at $500. Was that a typo? I think the final sale price was still about the going rate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks