• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much does a deuce bed weigh ?

paulfarber

I just sold my M35 dropside bed, no troop seats.

If it weighed over 500lb I would be surprised. When I was unbolting the dropside I was able to lift an end and move it myself. I built a wooden gantry and the thing didn't flex one bit.

paulfarber

What are people weighing to get a cargo bed at 2000lbs?

The bed I had (drop side) was at best 14-16 gauge and not much more than sheet steel with flanges.

2000lbs of steel you are talking a lot of some pretty thick steel.

Unless you are also adding in some frame parts?

Unless I had an uber rare aluminum version... two guys could have carried it easy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty good at estimating the weight by how far my wrecker dips to the side. The deuce bed dips it more than a dressed multifuel.

paulfarber

Paul, it takes 2 guys to carry just one of the drop sides of my bed. You must be a better man than I.
The guy that bought its on this site.. he can back me up. I just about lifted it up by myself. I made a gantry with 4x4 legs and 2 2x10s for a cross bar... it never even creecked or groaned.

When we put it on the trailer we lifted/moved it to place some RR ties under it.

2000lbs? Nope. If it was more than 500 I would be surprised.

A 4x8 sheet of 10 gauge sheet steel is only 180lbs. 10 gauge is 0.1345 that's over 1/8th inch thick. Other than hinges nothing on a cargo bed is 1/8+in thick.

We took the side off and they maybe weighed 60lbs each. If that.

When we were at Alfa Heaven there was a Deuce cab sitting on a skid and I said it would be cool to put in the living room, to sit in while watching TV. But I like the idea of a Deuce bed, can you get a posture pedic Deuce bed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks