• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is this LARC worth?

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones the "Bee's" reworked on Gulfport for the Army were the LARC sixty's, or BARC's. BIG mother's, and they were just released. Somebody has them for sale on "Boats and Harbors". Somebody on the internet has pictures of a LARC-V crawling down the ramp out of one of them. Most likely taken on the training beaches in Chesapeake Bay, or in Viet Nam. The Army played alot of strange games with things there.

Mike_Pop

It's still available. At this point, any reasonable offers will be accepted, otherwise it's going to the scrapyard.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope someone can offer enough to keep it from being scrapped. It would be a heck of a lakehouse toy.

janstorbakken

I apologize but I have problems navigating this site. Still a rookie. I clicked on one and it said 10k with 4k shipping was that what the LARC was? CA???? Thanks Jan

jollyroger

There were a pair of LARC V's operating from the beach in Mazatlan Mexico to an island offshore when I was there in 1988. Cool then and cool now.

Hopefully someone will put this one back to work. They always look happier when they have a purpose. Please let us know if you guys can get a deal cut and what the new job would be. Thanks.

mortarman

Hi everyone, I'm a newie and live in adelaide, australia. If that was here for a few grand I would not hesitate. They don't make these any more and we are dead a long time. I think if you have an urge and ability to purchase something that will make you happy, don't deny yourself one of lifes pleasures and get a ex military vehicle. I have lots of them including a dukw. Collecting military vehicles is the only disease I do not want a cure from. The pleasure will not be just yours alone.
Just get it and show lots and lots of pictures and make us all envious!!!
Regards
Colin.:beer:

janstorbakken

Hey, it's me. We just need a planetary or 2. I was just reviewing the LARC stuff on this site. We are still getting ripped off by "secesh" Mike Wilson. So Richard bought another Larc and it doesn't have the parts we need. I will be going on a nasty campaign to let fellow Vets know what type of man Mr. Wilson is. We did find a couple of good sources for LARC's and will let every one know if they are worthwhile sites.. You are the guy that let us know about the LARC 15 in Cordova-yes? Thanks again for the reply.:driver:

joestewart

There is a LARC at a local auto parts dismantler here in Lafayette. Not sure if its complete or if it runs. It appeared complete from the outside. He may have sold it by now. I took a couple of photos of it about a year or two ago. I'd have to dig the photos up if anyone is interested in seeing.

janstorbakken

Joe, interested but we just got burnt by a guy named Mike Wilson of Phoenix Associates Group in Virginia for 1700 bucks on LARC parts. He was navy so I didn't have high standards(hope you are not navy)
There is a LARC at a local auto parts dismantler here in Lafayette. Not sure if its complete or if it runs. It appeared complete from the outside. He may have sold it by now. I took a couple of photos of it about a year or two ago. I'd have to dig the photos up if anyone is interested in seeing.