• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is your Deuce's Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer

RE: Re: How much is your Deuce

I was quoted from State Farm $207 / 6 months for full commercial usage.
I won't get a better answer for the antique insurance until I get the registration done (they only do antique for cars, but the m35 WILL be registered as a car with the historic registration.)

As for only needing insurance for a trip, sign up for the 6 months, and once you finished the trip, call in and cancel the policy.
As a matter of fact, when I go to pick up the three trucks, I will have insurance on all three of them. If I don't drive any back, I will cancel all three policies. Otherwise I will just use the policy for whatever I might drive back.

Btw, my agent has zero problems with starting and canceling policies like this. They actually thought it 'was a fun and different project' to look up these 'different vehicles' for me, and to call around for someone who could broker it.

Green_gator

I now have mine with Haggerty for $160 a year for full coverage. Had it with Geico but was told when I went to add the M35 to the policy in addition to the M109 that they do not cover this type of vehicle as it is not for personal use and that they would not renew the coverage for the M109. I went to Geico as I knew others had there insurance with them so I just kept my mouth shut when they told me that they would no longer cover me.

saddamsnightmare

September 3rd, 2008.

About $180.00 per 6 months, $300,000 liability and truck replacement (stated value) for daily driver, no restrictions, less then what I used to pay for a 1989 F250 4X4, same for the Unimog, from Nationwide Mutual in Canton, OH. They know what the vehicles are and have no sweats over them.

Kyle F. McGrogan

bottleworks

Rolling_Eudaimonia said:
I've got state farm full year insurance Liability only $106.72 a month. I went for a quote the guy was so eager he gave me a policy I figure it would help with recovering.
He was so eager because your actually willing to pay $1,280.64 a year.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
73m819 said:
$108 a year for the 819 with haggerty
How are you allowed to use it? Can you tow your own or other people's vehicles (not for profit) and still be covered?

Rebelpride

Erie quoted me $560 for a year, and State Farm quoted me $30?? cheaper, but none give discounts on multiple deuces. I tried the Hagerty quick quote and to insure the M1008A1, M1009, and (2) M35A2's the annual payment would be $327. I Hagerty a good company to deal with?

DanMartin

About $220 a year through Gulfway (Traveler's policy)...

Not an antique, but not commercial either...just registered as a hobby vehicle. I can haul stuff to the dump and get firewood, but I told them less than 500 miles/yr on the truck (which is about right anyways).

Jake0147

I went with Gulfway for one seventy something a year. That's with "real" license plates, no garage, trailers OK, and pretty decent coverage.

tjcouch

Echo . . . . . Gulfway, $250/yr. Travelers, $5K value, $1,000,000 liability, no garaging req.

bmH1065

State Farm, $240 a year, no more than 50 miles from home. Liability, med, and uninsured. No toe in available. No other restictions. Comerical policy. (My 69 Corvette $192, stated value $30,000)

wsucougarx

Rolling_Eudaimonia said:
wsucougarx said:
I got a quote from State Farm for my M35A2. I only asked for a 7 or 14 day coverage so I can drive her home (60 miles). They told me that in order to be covered I'd have to purchase 6 months of coverage due to the truck. They said they could only insure me w/liability b/c if I totalled the truck then they wouldn't know how to replace it. Anyways I got a quote of $184/6 months w/just liability. What do you guys pay?
I've got state farm full year insurance Liability only $106.72 a month. I went for a quote the guy was so eager he gave me a policy I figure it would help with recovering.
Wow $106/month, that's pretty steep. :eek:

Pawnshop

I got my Deuce insured today through State Farm, $47 for 6 months, it's registered as a "Texas Former Military Vehicle" (like "Antique Auto" registration)

JeepMan

I would strongly consider a personal liability policy of at least, and I mean at least of 1 million dollars. (Only $100. or so a year). Those dueces can do some serious damage in an accident and all it takes is a good lawyer ---

cbvet

JC Taylor, antique vehicle, full coverage, $150 a year for all 3 trucks.
Some restrictions such as inside storage requirement & no passengers in back. That's OK with me.
Eric
CBVET

Status
Not open for further replies.