• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to clean out old pics

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can use the picture icon above the text window in either quick reply or full reply. (Middle row of icons between the two world icons and the quote bubble icon) This will give you the option to insert an image embedded into your post. (Or delete the embed and it will remain in the post as a attachment in the attachment window) You do not clean out the uploaded images. There is not a limit to uploads here.
I will try again, ONLY up loading 10 at a time, we will see what happens, but this is how it is acting, thanks for your help

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope! all those instructions and page posted showing a red x do not work. I (and I presume we all) Do NOT have a small red x at that top right. I (We) Do have a blue question mark ? where you had a red x is all. so NO option to delete.
Hover over the image in question in the top right to see the X. If it's an attachment that lives in a post elsewhere that cannot be deleted/edited, then you will (should) not be able to do anything with it. You must be in the specific post to have the images on the bottom segment of the attachment manager window to remove them. Also confirmed this works fine from a normal user account (not my account), and from chrome as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And just to qualify, can we remove/delete pictures from the upload picture stored folder..yey or ney? Thanks.
You cannot remove images from the top segment. Only from posts. Unless it's uploaded, then deleted immediately before the cron.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You cannot remove images from the top segment. Only from posts. Unless it's uploaded, then deleted immediately before the cron.
But If I hunt down old post, I can delete them from the post, THEN delete them from the up loader ????

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But If I hunt down old post, I can delete them from the post, THEN delete them from the up loader ????
If the forum rules allow an edit. BUT it will remain in your uploader since the cron would have ran and made the association with the file/post.

To explain the cron thing simply. Imagine a robot that runs on the hour with the task of taking pictures and putting a copy in a filing cabinet. The robot only knows to take the image copy and put them away. So if you go out there to the filing cabinet and remove the picture, the robot doesn't care. Because it's task is only to put the pictures out there. But the "original" will still remain.

Again, there is no limit to uploads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks