• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

maxtor

What is the turning radius? Our M923a2 takes most of our property to turn around. The HET might take out a few fences as it turns around. :-(

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know for sure, but I think the HET turns sharper than the 923/925, at least, it feels like it.

Rawkey

I am new to this site. so if I am breaking protocol let me know.

I got my "Paid in Full Invoice" Tuesday, paid and released the trucking company to get a M1070 back to MS. After trucking was set up and paid, Government liquidation called (the same day) and told me the sale was being challenged by the government. Should I cancel this purchase? Has anyone dealt with this?

BradBMI

Same thing happened to me. I told them I want the unit and not a refund. They said it would take a few weeks for the answer to come back from GL / Govt

BradBMI

like the MK48's a year ago. They take them back... My driver flew out to get it with the wrecker company and were told sorry.

I hold the bag for lost airfare, wrecker guy... Have to see if anyone one has one for sale

Rawkey

I just got word from Government Liquidation that my M1070 has been released from the challenge. The transport company should pick the truck up this week. I'll keep y'all informed.

Artisan

YEA!!!!!!!!!! That is GREAT news for everyone!

I have an M916 caught up in this mess (sorta) and I WANT IT YESTERDAY! HA!

Ozzytrucker

A few more photos that turned out well.
Great rigs Matt. Credit to you guys and what you can do. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these when I come to the U.S.A for 3 months starting next week. Tell me something please; it may be a photographic illusion, maybe not, but the M1070 looks almost twice the size of the M916?. The other question I have is; with an Allison HD4070 7-speed, is the M916 model identified as an M916A1 or M916A2?

Cheers and thanks.

Ozzytrucker.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great rigs Matt. Credit to you guys and what you can do. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these when I come to the U.S.A for 3 months starting next week. Tell me something please; it may be a photographic illusion, maybe not, but the M1070 looks almost twice the size of the M916?. The other question I have is; with an Allison HD4070 7-speed, is the M916 model identified as an M916A1 or M916A2?

Cheers and thanks.

Ozzytrucker.
Ozzy, HETs are about twice the size of an M916. No optical illusion!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Cheers and thanks.

Ozzytrucker.
I wouldn't call it twice the size, its longer and a hair taller, but I think what makes the 1070 look large is that its pretty boxy and is "filled out" vs the M916. My M916 with the Allison is just a modified M916. When it was built in 1980, it would've had the Caterpillar 7155 transmission and no air ride stuff just like any other M916.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks