• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

Rawkey

Got word from the trucking company today, Fontana is have having a live Auction this week so they can't pick up my truck. I hope they're not reselling mine! Going to try again Monday.

Artisan

I was at Fontana today picking up my LET!!!

You gotta be smooooooth w/ these folks. ;-)

PS, that is a crook a sheet. But in all reality all
the folks I have dealt with in Fontana are up and up folks
trying to do a good job.

PS, did you know that place is surrounded by a 7000 VOLT electric fence
w/ no less then 10 or so electrified wires? BUUZZZZZEERANNBURNT!

That is what it will sound like if some idiot try's to rip that place off,
and THEY will DESERVE IT Too! I want to get hat and put it on YouTUBE! BUUZZZZZEERANNBURNT!

Hawssie

I dont want to ask you or anyone else what specific price they paid for their M1070(s), but for those who have been diligently watching these being sold, what in your experience is the price range they have been selling for? I was told by a GL guy last time I was in Barstow a week or so ago,that he thought it was between 17-20K. The only ones I saw for sale were at Fontana and were pulled prior to selling. But I only follow the CA auctions in the first place. The cheapest one I saw a dealer trying to sell was around 37K,but I have not actively priced these and I also have seen dealers try to sell M936s for 38.5K! (Actually that is a current ad.) so that doesn't mean much to me either.

Rawkey

I've been watching them for while and your guy is correct on the 17-20K. That's why I was so upset that mine got challenged, I got mine for south of 16K. I was bidding on two others at the same time and those went north 18K. Truck paper has some listed between 30 and 50K. The day before my lot was challenged GL had about 20 listed, the next day they were gone and there still are none.

BradBMI

Good News! GL released the M1070 i had won in Sparta WI. They said more will come onto the auction soon. I got lucky for once!

armybrattony

nice to see another HET on the road :)

i've always likes taking ours out to the shows and parades

we made a 5th wheel plate flag pole to fly the colors :)

enjoy!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The cheapest I have seen a HETT sell for is around 8k out in Kansas last year. The GL description said "Driven on to lot", according to the speedo it had less than 1000 miles on it. A few weeks ago some sold at Fort Benning, GA for an average of 11K. Prices vary a lot depending on how many are for sale at one place and where they are located.

BradBMI

Picking up my newly released from Govt Hold tomorrow. Was told they will be releasing more. Get them while you can. I almost lost mine due to Govt Challenge!

Artisan

Way to hang on and come out smilin' Brad.

A GL employee told me "the government challenged the sale of these trucks" .
It probably had everything to do with; Are they appropriate for civilians to use
on USA public roads?

I was all smiles when I received a PAID INVOICE for my M916. During the challenge
all M915's M916's M920's M1070's disappeared from the pages of GL. I see 1070's
and an M916 now so looks like were good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks