• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

BradBMI

Shipping the HET from WI to NY would have been $10K I drove it back $1200 airfare $800 gas $220 Tolls And K is Right driving it home is a great experience

goodguyzy

I tried for another but got outbid about 15 min to go and either my phones internet was messing up or g/l site was slow but I kept getting error messages, no loading....ended up with nothing today. A lot went for under 10.

Bighurt

What was the average selling price today on the 1070's?
30 some lots, low was $6900 high was $14000 give or take...$10k or so I don't have exact figures

I bid higher on 6 lots than the two that went under 7, wish I had put them on the list...they were 01' runners.

m715mike

Auction trucks 5.8.14

M1070.jpg

Did you see the trucks that sold today with Arabic writing on the front fenders? The script translates to, "Danger. Move away from truck."

I thought that was rather interesting!

cadmo

But the 7-10k trucks (the non runners) were they really a amazing deal that only had easy fixes like dead batteries/ plugged fuel filters, orrr holes in the block with a rod hanging out that GL didn't show in pictures?

Can anyone comment that preview them?

DrillerSurplus

I would bet that most of the non-runners are an easy fix, but I didn't preview.

After I struck out on the M1120A2 units back east, I got one of the Ft Irwin HETs for just under 10k before GL fees. Description said it runs. These sure looked a lot rougher than most of the ones in Fontana.

Carlo

Yesterday I helped a friend pull his auction win M819 tractor wrecker home. The HET handled it just fine. The 819 is cool! It'll be a neat restoration.
Hey Matt. How did you run the running lights, turn signals, brake lights on the unit being pulled? I have to transport my 923A1 using the M923A2 to pull it next weekend. I don't want to run the 4 ways if I can hook up the lights on the A1. Thanks and nice truck!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Matt. How did you run the running lights, turn signals, brake lights on the unit being pulled? I have to transport my 923A1 using the M923A2 to pull it next weekend. I don't want to run the 4 ways if I can hook up the lights on the A1. Thanks and nice truck!
I used a set of towing lights that I have. Since the cable for the lights has a military 24v 12 pin connector and the HET only has a commercial 12v 7 pin connector by the pintle hitch, I had to run the cable up to the military connector by the fifth wheel. They work very well.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks