• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Handle a Blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmtv772

Banned
If someone over compensates to the right that causes the left to dip even more causing a roll to the left. This vehicle rolled on the right. How do you know how fast it was going based on a GP auction?

And besides, i thought you unsuscribed to this threa.
It didn't roll to the right, it landed on the right... but you know what... you are the expert, never mind SMH

How I know how fast it was going? because it went with 45mph when the engine shut down , that's how I know... but again you know better probably.
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.33.27 PM.jpg

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It didn't roll to the right, it landed on the right... but you know what... you are the expert, never mind SMH
Not an "expert" but one of my jobs working in the automotive claims industry for 15 years was accident reconstruction. Still don't see how you know how fast the truck was going or that it flipped based off of auction photos.

Lmtv772

Banned
Not an "expert" but one of my jobs working in the automotive claims industry for 15 years was accident reconstruction. Still don't see how you know how fast the truck was going or that it flipped based off of auction photos.
its obvious that you're not.. thank you.
working as a claims adjuster doesn't mean it's a qualification or certification. Not that I personally would care what you did for 15 years, but thank you again. good luck to you

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
Can't answer a question so you result to insults? Really adds credence to your opinions.
it's a fact not an insult, had you looked at the photo's you could have seen what anyone can see...
but I don't appreciate your insults ...thank you

coachgeo

To bring this nonsense to an end , I talked to my 88mike friends who actually trained for this occasion.
The principles of the RV video apply to LMTV or HET or HEMTT the same way.

thank you for conferring with 88mike on this matter. Glad the information posted here can be helpful. Was the only desired intent.

Lmtv722- Just trash things I bring up in private directly with me, so Im the only one that has to deal with this ... whatever it is. No one else desires to be watching, much less get pulled into this foolishness.

To everyone else; I truly apologize to you . None of you deserve this.

On a lighter note...... do we get Browny points or something for folk subscribing to our thread (or loose them if unsubscribed)?.... Never cared to even pay attention to such things. Anyway, if so can I trade my points in for a prize? Some kind of Big Teddy Bear so I can give it to Toys for Tots. oh oh oh..... even better...... an Olive Drab Tonka Truck!! The kid who gets that will love it.

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
Coach I don't have anything to tell you in private or publicly. However, I felt I had to post about what I learned in this matter and agree with the original post.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's a fact not an insult, had you looked at the photo's you could have seen what anyone can see...
Great. Let's go back to the picture and I'll type slowly. "As anyone can see..." The vehicle did NOT come down from an airborne roll onto the right side. If it had the roof of the cab would have been the first impact and would have crushed downward. Instead the vehicle made a roll to the right, and actually a fairly mild impact given the damage, without rolling completely thus pushing the cab to the left. Had it made a violent roll there would have been much more damage to the roof and A pillars (that's the front pillar around the outside edge of the windshield) of the cab. Again, this is just based on 15 years of investigating violent, often fatal, accidents.

Rollover.jpg

Last edited:

Scrounger

There has been quite a lot of back and forth about things that aren’t related to the original question in this post. With that said and getting back to the beginning question. There is also a video from Michelin about the topic of blowout involving big trucks. I don’t have the link in front of me, however it is also quite informative.
From personal experience I have found it doesn’t matter four tires on the ground, six, fourteen, or eighteen, two-wheel drive, four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive the response is the same. When one has a tire failure, apply throttle, keep the wheel steered straight, with a firm grip. After everything settles down ease off the throttle, not abrupt, and steer to a safe location.
Every accident that I have seen from a tire failure was because someone didn’t do those things.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And we're done here.

And two members are getting a week off for their incessant male urination contests in the open forum.

When they come back they can either be more civil, non-antagonistic and stop pushing the limits or the time off will be much much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.