• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to make a replacement "Axle Switch" Hose

steelandcanvas

Nice write-up and photos on your air line repair task. Makes me think I should have replaced my (2) under-dash air lines when I replaced that dumb O ring. Nice job! As far as the "tiny leaks in multiple locations", I got on the creeper, got under the truck with a few tubing wrenches, and spent a few hours tightening up everything I could reach. Seems to have helped a little.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the two o-rings in my axle shift switch. They looked good, so I cleaned and oiled them, put it all back together now. Just going to have to wait on the pressure switch before re-installing it. Found out today that my low air switch didn't work either, it was stuck "closed" all the time. The last owner had un-plugged the low air buzzer, I plugged it up, and it worked once, and I guess it burned out or something. Never could get it to work again after that, even on the work bench connecting it to direct power source.

So I thought I would check the brake switch while I was at it, and found out I had a hydraulic brake switch... the hard way. I think you seen my post on DeucesWild's thread.

So, I've got 3 pressure switches to replace now. At least I didn't place my order this morning until I knew that I needed all 3 of them, so I got them all on order. Should be here monday I guess, and get this thing back together. Been working on this truck for the past 3 months now, Going through everything. Going to make a new thread to show it all once we get everything completed.

Thanks!