• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to make a replacement "Axle Switch" Hose

steelandcanvas

Nice write-up and photos on your air line repair task. Makes me think I should have replaced my (2) under-dash air lines when I replaced that dumb O ring. Nice job! As far as the "tiny leaks in multiple locations", I got on the creeper, got under the truck with a few tubing wrenches, and spent a few hours tightening up everything I could reach. Seems to have helped a little.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the two o-rings in my axle shift switch. They looked good, so I cleaned and oiled them, put it all back together now. Just going to have to wait on the pressure switch before re-installing it. Found out today that my low air switch didn't work either, it was stuck "closed" all the time. The last owner had un-plugged the low air buzzer, I plugged it up, and it worked once, and I guess it burned out or something. Never could get it to work again after that, even on the work bench connecting it to direct power source.

So I thought I would check the brake switch while I was at it, and found out I had a hydraulic brake switch... the hard way. I think you seen my post on DeucesWild's thread.

So, I've got 3 pressure switches to replace now. At least I didn't place my order this morning until I knew that I needed all 3 of them, so I got them all on order. Should be here monday I guess, and get this thing back together. Been working on this truck for the past 3 months now, Going through everything. Going to make a new thread to show it all once we get everything completed.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks