• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to pull-start a HMMWV...

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a decompression swicth on mine, it's make it easier to pull start on a cold morning...

snowtrac nome

in regards to the saab 9000 trick as I remember right a paper clip across s and t terminal on the steice plug will also operate the starter even if the pcb is bad

Wire Fox

You have to see the second video where they got another mech to try it.
I love when he realized that they were pulling his leg...but he didn't think that the joke was the HMMWV having a pull-start, he thought the joke was they deliberately omitted an important step to make it work.

3jacks

I am selling, for a limited time, a set of decompression muffler bearings that make pull starting easier and will throw in a shorter air-lift pull start conversion kit. All in mat black so please don't ask for 383 green.

orgnal

I am selling, for a limited time, a set of decompression muffler bearings that make pull starting easier and will throw in a shorter air-lift pull start conversion kit. All in mat black so please don't ask for 383 green.
I have the deluxe drop in version of this!

McReddy

6X6WES

we used to send a rookie mech to the parts counter for muffler bearings or blinker fluid and the parts man would send him back to measure the bearings or see what color the fluid was some would go back 2 or three times before he figured it out. than the whole shop would be waiting on him:burn:

jeffy777

I know you said don't as for 383 green what about 'sea-foam green' could you do that? Also what kind of lubrication will these bearing need? I know it is probably bad to ask this but when I do my seasonal muffler rotation will I have do something to reorient the muffler bearings?

This is probably too expensive for me to do... so can you give an idea of ball park price? The guy who changes my blinker fluid is charging $50 a month, he says this hmmwv has a terrible leak with the blinker fluid, I have yet too find a leak?

;)

Mario

The guy who changes my blinker fluid is charging $50 a month, he says this hmmwv has a terrible leak with the blinker fluid, I have yet too find a leak?
;)
I would not trust a guy that's charging you 50 bucks a month.
Those things don't leak -- they evaporate.
Ask him to install anti-gravity field controller. Don't oversize the unit or your tires will lose traction with the ground!

Happy belayed "May the Fourth be with you".

3jacks

I know you said don't as for 383 green what about 'sea-foam green' could you do that? Also what kind of lubrication will these bearing need? I know it is probably bad to ask this but when I do my seasonal muffler rotation will I have do something to reorient the muffler bearings?

This is probably too expensive for me to do... so can you give an idea of ball park price? The guy who changes my blinker fluid is charging $50 a month, he says this hmmwv has a terrible leak with the blinker fluid, I have yet too find a leak?

;)
☝��
The secret to reorienting the muffler bearings for the air-lift pull start kit is high quality frequency grease. Spend the extra cabbage on grade 9 frequency grease...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks