• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to respond to unsupportive comments?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had anything but positive comments from strangers. A few of my buddies will rag me a little about why I have so much green iron but they don't mean anything hateful by it.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to make a negative comment instead of just keeping their mouth shut and moving on. Most of this world's problems could be solved if people would just worry about themselves instead of worrying about what somebody else is or isn't doing.
Any drive over about 30 min is usually enough to get me the finger. Think it has a bit to do with where ya live. I'd go to the People's Republic of Seattle if I didn't like my accident free record.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any drive over about 30 min is usually enough to get me the finger. Think it has a bit to do with where ya live. I'd go to the People's Republic of Seattle if I didn't like my accident free record.
Yes, very different. People just don't act like that around here.

RustyM923

I've only gotten "why did you buy that thing?!?" Response, "because I can"

I have been flipped off a few times, though. They're just telling me that I'm #1

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got flipped the bird for driving 55 In my m1009 even tho I have it painted on the back max veh speed 55-60... I smiles and flipped him off as he got off the off ramp. :) :p anyways just tell em I don't care what you think.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:x I feel terrible.
I'm real lucky and have a ma and pa still around so I asked them what I should do if it happened to us in the big truck. They have 172 years of experience between the two of them and are the kindest, sweetest, most considerate and polite humans I know.

Mom pipes up and says, "We're often in too much of a hurry thinking about what we want to say next to prove our point rather than just listening to what others are saying". "Show some consideration.....ask, .....AND?........ then quickly drive or walk away".

Pop pipes in and yells...."and tell em' to have a nice day unless they choose otherwise", with his Irish smile.

Still drying my eyes!:lol:

99nouns

Excuse Me

I have to say that I am a bit confused. A person that owns a military truck gets feelings hurt from a couple comments? I mean to each their own and all that. But just seems a conflict of attitude is all.

But when comments are made about my 931s, I just say "it's people like you that are the whole reason we need to build these trucks to begin with".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks