• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to turn up fuel on M35a2?

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck was a pig, it took a long tim to get to 50mph, put gauges on and turned it up and up. Now it rolls down the highway at 60 2700 rpm, with pedal to spare. I pull my 580 case backhoe on a 3500 lb trailer with no problem. I just got back from gettysburg pa with a shelter on my trailer, ran great all across 422, 22, and 99. The only slow down was between breezewood and chambersburg pa on us30. Cranker up and watch yur gages!!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck was a pig, it took a long tim to get to 50mph, put gauges on and turned it up and up. Now it rolls down the highway at 60 2700 rpm, with pedal to spare. I pull my 580 case backhoe on a 3500 lb trailer with no problem. I just got back from gettysburg pa with a shelter on my trailer, ran great all across 422, 22, and 99. The only slow down was between breezewood and chambersburg pa on us30. Cranker up and watch yur gages!!

The difference is knowing when to back off. Evidence suggests that you do.

How many melted pistons have you seen on stock settings?

Or conversely, how many of the melted pistons you've seen were from turned up fuel?

Head gaskets anyone?

Let's try this - let's load an M16A2 halftrack onto an xm1073 trailer and hook it to your truck. Now let's run flat out from Cave Creek AZ to Flagstaff, AZ, foot on the floor. Want to bet how that exercise will end? (18 miles of it is 6-8% straight up)

Caution is required, either when adjusting the fuel settings (make it immune to a heavy right foot) or by watching gauges and knowing what you're doing driving it. Not everyone knows when to drop a gear and back off...

And the settings that are just fine empty in west Texas would be fatal loaded with a trailer in mountainous terrain.

shanebaby

The link at the first of this thread on how to turn up the fuel doesn't work. Can someone post the link again?

rustystud

The difference is knowing when to back off. Evidence suggests that you do.

How many melted pistons have you seen on stock settings?

Or conversely, how many of the melted pistons you've seen were from turned up fuel?

Head gaskets anyone?

Let's try this - let's load an M16A2 halftrack onto an xm1073 trailer and hook it to your truck. Now let's run flat out from Cave Creek AZ to Flagstaff, AZ, foot on the floor. Want to bet how that exercise will end? (18 miles of it is 6-8% straight up)

Caution is required, either when adjusting the fuel settings (make it immune to a heavy right foot) or by watching gauges and knowing what you're doing driving it. Not everyone knows when to drop a gear and back off...

And the settings that are just fine empty in west Texas would be fatal loaded with a trailer in mountainous terrain.
You know this message needs to be repeated often. I've been driving for many, many decades now and I still find myself at times going much faster then the speed limit. Your driving along in the "zone" when you glance down and see the speedometer is reading 70 mph and your in a 55 mph area ! The same thing happens when driving our trucks, the difference is that the temperature can climb with lightening speed in a diesel and if your not vigilant you can melt your engine in a heart beat. You can be the most careful driver out there and just for a few moments loss focus (talking with a fellow passenger) and BAM your EGT's are sky high ! So for me having the fuel set properly is just added insurance that my engine will be fine even when I'm not paying attention.

Hummer Guy

I ended up turning my fuel up because it wanted to die at startup, even at 90-100 degrees outside. I started it up this morning at 60F and it started up with no issues. I'm going to try and get the fuel setting at just the right amount where my EGTs are safe even if I'm hammering it, I tend to drive like a grandma anyways and there's no hills around here. I really just need the extra power from 20-45mph, mines was moving like an absolute slug, even cement trucks was passing me like I was parked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks