• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How would truck lose air pressure in the engine intake?

SUPERSPORT

31683241592_9d3c89de18_z.jpg

I'm pretty sure the cylinder I marked with the red dot is the one that engages front axle. Correct?

Is this what I should try knocking on or is there some other valve you were talking about?

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 659330

I'm pretty sure the cylinder I marked with the red dot is the one that engages front axle. Correct?

Is this what I should try knocking on or is there some other valve you were talking about?
The one to the top right of it. It controls the air from the switch into the transfer case

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

SUPERSPORT

Finally had time to get on computer so I could look at TMs.
TM 9-2320-272-10 and TM 9-2320-272-23-1 page 0003-10.
Way I read it the top one prevents t-case from being shifted while in gear and one I put red dot on is the front wheel drive.

31831756065_0b75c25bc8_b.jpg

Jericho

Transfer case?air hiss

THE real question is do they have air supplied to them . If your still hearing the noise from the intake its because you have a valve that is pressure supplied leaking air into the intake manifold air intake not the cylinder head. Suggest you take a look at the Transfer case linear actuator, its on the front of the transfer case and has a lever arm that contacts the front wheel drive shift lever, when the shaft moves back and forth it actuates the arm and shifts air from direction side to side , as you actuate the low range shift lever in the cab observe the linkage and its movement in relation to the lever arm and linear valve, Heres a snap of what I found when I noticed it wasn,t functioning properly, If I can post it , the end of the valve where the cam was housed was full of Exfoliated aluminum , not even working and bypassing air! Had moisture in the tanks and lines, Opened bleeders at passenger and using a simple air line filter and a bit of airline alcohol. injected it into the tanks, long story short , no more air hissing in Intake plenum P.N on valve is LSC 3270-S26022-1

Last edited:

Jericho

Well ,cant figure out the photo posting transfer, Pictures are in my photo album under big ugly green trucks you cant miss them

Jericho

Thanks Simp. trying to get P2P to work, Not wanting to steal a thread but did you do a thread on your intake upgrade, Specificly the P.N. for the 8 inch snorkel head? and lastly, How has the bump in fuel worked out , reliability, increase in performance ? thanks andy at Jetoneusaf@gmail.com

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Simp. trying to get P2P to work, Not wanting to steal a thread but did you do a thread on your intake upgrade, Specificly the P.N. for the 8 inch snorkel head? and lastly, How has the bump in fuel worked out , reliability, increase in performance ? thanks andy at Jetoneusaf@gmail.com
I emailed you the pictures and information on the intake. As far as my pump. It is pretty beastly with the dual fuel line kit it will jump out of its own shoes with the slight push of the throttle. My mileage is in my 30,000 mile OTR report http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?162662-M923A1-30-000mile-OTR-Report

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks