• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy from Tennessee

Donald Poppell

Hello All,

Been lurking for a short while getting info on medications for this awesome infection I contracted since I first came across this site. Been in touch with one member who will be hooking up with a prescription this spring when he gets back from Afghanistan. I can't wait to get a dose of a Deuce and a Half in one gulp. My wife is hoping I choke on it and won't recover. She is actually gonna let me have one so I can sleep in it. Ha Ha. She's coming around though the more she looks at whats going on in the world now days. Plus I think bringing up the Green Machine in every conversation we have helps alot.

Ya'll are the best here and I am glad to be joining in with you.
Thanks for all the help you give everyone.

Just south of Nashville
Don

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Don! I'm a hundred and fifty miles or so to your east. Don't tell your wife but there's no cure.

We have a group of Mil Veh people in the Knoxville area, loosely organized as the Knoxville Military Vehicle Club. We occasionally come over in your direction for camping trips, such as to Fall Creek Falls.

You might share with us what type green machine you have in mind.

all the best,

Tennmogger Bob

m880 unimog

welcome,looks like your in the right part of the world to get full fun from your duece.

the ladies are happy to know that we,re 'investing' both historicaly and financialy....:jumpin:

but then it,s "why do you need another one ? "

Donald Poppell

Thanks for the welcome folks

I am so glad to hear there is no cure.
Once I get my Deuce come spring time I would love to hook up with some of the Steel Soldiers brothers. I might have to hit a rally before that though just to ease some of the symptoms I have joyfully been experiencing.

My wife and I camp at Fall Creek Falls quite a bit and am looking forward to hauling our pop up behind the Deuce instead of the Suburban. Heck, I might hook them both up to the Deuce. Ha Ha.

Don :grin:

Last edited:

68t

Hello , howday, . I been up your way many times. I go over to Lawerceburg , and Honwald, all the time. You need to get the old OD infection , It sure is a great pain to have. wendell

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy. :cookoo:

You are headed down the slippery slope
of MV addiction with a bunch of guys that will grease the skids as you go by.

Lots of prior service and retired guys on here.....you'll never meet a better bunch of misfits in one place.

I retired from the Army in 2007 and still miss it.

We won't just help you....we will help you help yourself.

Again...welcome to the madness.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Getting lots of folks from the Volunteer State. Welcome to the green addiction. I seem to have a couple of color related adictions. The OD Disease and BRD or more specifically RBRD.

dc3coyote

Welcome to the addiction, I will be living about 115 miles to your SE in Chattanooga.
Your going to have to remember that MVs get lonely when left alone, they like to have lots of friends.

dc3coyote

I am taking my leave from April 1-15, but will be coming home for good in June."at some point"
hopefully my leave can be spent playing on the lake and starting the multiple MV recoveries I have to do now.
I do plan to get down to FL during the summer.
Also I will need to find a company to move my houseboat and check out the marinas in chattanooga TN.

If anyone has houseboat moving experience and wants to earn some money.
Its a 44'/12' flat bottom steel hull boat.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the new guy from Nashville aboard :D Find a bunk, Stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Thank you for your service [thumbzup] You'll find many a Vet AND active duty here too.

BTW: Many spouses catch "the fever" as well. They get it from sleeping with a carrier. :mrgreen:
W E L C O M E :!:

RAYZER

Welcome from Fla. I'm glad your discovering some relief for your o d g a symptoms,otherwise its painful as you might know. I myself have been experiencing some new symptoms that mimic o d g a and those would be d t a ( desert tan affliction), so for some relief I bought a tan deuce ww. I think I'm doomed! Glad you found a support grou:driver:p!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Brannan,

Is that your next duty station as a Coastie?

Are you going to live on the boat?

I did a Google and this one popped up first.:
Harbor Lights Marina

5600 Lake Resort TER, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37415
Ph: 423-870-2000

Harbor Lights Marina is located on the Tennessee River with inside dry storage and deep water, open, and sheltered wet slips.

Chattanooga is about 70 miles north of me. Not a bad town and they have a decent railroad museum there.

You're welcome to come down any weekend and play trucks with us.

Looks like you will be here for the GA Rally. Good deal.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Hello , howday, . I been up your way many times. I go over to Lawerceburg , and Honwald, all the time. You need to get the old OD infection , It sure is a great pain to have. wendell
I think you mean Hohenwald. I know because I was raised in that nowhere town. There was very little when I grew up there in the 70's and even less now.

Donald Poppell

I really appreciate the warm welcomes. One of the first things I noticed when came to the site was the comradery and the willingness to share info and help each other. Not giving a fish but teaching to fish.

Look forward to hopefully getting to know and possibly meet some of you.

Don