• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HRS break down

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
tried that, windows midia player said there was a problem, not worth the hassle, to go to all of that, why not a SIMPLE link that can be clicked on like most other links and the VID comes up, should not have to down load something else to see a link that is posted, just like the pics that get linked to that is in someones pic account.
QT is a pc applaction so apple stuff ( i-phone, ect), can be run on a pc..again SS is a web based SITE, not a smart phone site, since that is the case, I should not have to download anything to adapt to a smart phone upload, the smart phone upload should be adapted for WEB base

SORRY about the thread hijack

sandcobra164

a very good workout. Your crane can't lift the front end and you'd have a heck of a time towing that thing behind you with 4 steer tires and 6 straight tires on the ground. Not to mention the whole 70,000 pound of truck to try and move. I caught hades trying to move 23,000 pound trucks (5 tons, non wrecker) with a 13,000 pound truck (Deuce). I won't do that again and I doubt I'd try to haul one of those with an M816!!! You'd have a neat truck on your hands if you did get it home and fixed though.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a very good workout. Your crane can't lift the front end and you'd have a heck of a time towing that thing behind you with 4 steer tires and 6 straight tires on the ground. Not to mention the whole 70,000 pound of truck to try and move. I caught hades trying to move 23,000 pound trucks (5 tons, non wrecker) with a 13,000 pound truck (Deuce). I won't do that again and I doubt I'd try to haul one of those with an M816!!! You'd have a neat truck on your hands if you did get it home and fixed though.

The curb weight of the HRS is 105k! Even worse!!

Nonotagain

Sandcobra,
You keep referring to this wrecker as being 70,000 lbs.
This version, the Heavy Recovery System (HRS) is 100,000 lbs empty.
Soldier "A" told me 103,000 lbs. but the Oshkosh brochure indicated 105,000 lbs.
The largest vehicle I've ever towed using a tow truck was a FMC crane and that was 90,000 lbs.

Stan Leschert

His problem sounds exactly like a breakdown I had.

Bang.
No power ... at all.

It was the blasted boot on the turbo.
Of course it was raining rats and dogs, while blowing at force 6.

At least my tow bill was a lot smaller than what uncle paid, unless there was another monster (government) hooker stationed nearby.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:, my key board is soaked,
OH GREAT MV GOD IN MV HEAVEN, PLEASE OH PLEASE LOOK APON THIS POOR MV OWNER WITH PITY, KNOWING HOW MUCH HE NEEDS A MMRS, TO GRANT HIS ONE WISH TO OWN ONE, HE PROMISES TO WATCH OVER, PROTECT, WASH AND SHINE, FOR GO ALL OTHER MVs (maybe), TO SLEEP IN, TO NEVER LEAVE IT ALONE, TO KEEP WM (MURPHY) AWAY, TO PROMISE NEVER TO HAVE FINGER PRINTS, TO BE TOUCHED BY SOFT GLOVES ONLY, SO GREAT MV GOD, PLEASE TAKE THIS HUMBLE PRAYER UNDER ADVISEMENT

Last edited: