• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummer MPG

tim292stro

So his "streamlining" makes me shake my head...

I have a bus, and a wise bus converter once told me, there's not much you can do about a jamming a loaf of bread down the road. That said, 11.1-11.5 was better than the 7-1/4 I got driving the XM1027 donor back.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The streamlining was a bit of a joke. But it shows that they have the aerodynamics of a brick even hypermiling.

tim292stro

HUMMER's new marketing:

"Aerodynamics of a brick of C4, drive-train reliability of a tank (subscript: [SUB]and fuel economy of a tank[/SUB]). Your passengers are only shouting distance away, and you have all the leg-room Verne Troyer could ask for!"

Still I have it on good authority that if you can get a HMMWV with a gun-ring and the sling seat, those are a blast in turns [thumbzup] And I want one, I'm not going to lie, I just want one with a Cummins 6BT and an Allison auto.