• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummer MPG

tim292stro

So his "streamlining" makes me shake my head...

I have a bus, and a wise bus converter once told me, there's not much you can do about a jamming a loaf of bread down the road. That said, 11.1-11.5 was better than the 7-1/4 I got driving the XM1027 donor back.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The streamlining was a bit of a joke. But it shows that they have the aerodynamics of a brick even hypermiling.

tim292stro

HUMMER's new marketing:

"Aerodynamics of a brick of C4, drive-train reliability of a tank (subscript: [SUB]and fuel economy of a tank[/SUB]). Your passengers are only shouting distance away, and you have all the leg-room Verne Troyer could ask for!"

Still I have it on good authority that if you can get a HMMWV with a gun-ring and the sling seat, those are a blast in turns [thumbzup] And I want one, I'm not going to lie, I just want one with a Cummins 6BT and an Allison auto.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks