• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummermax pics

JeepMan

Interesting that your Tipper is winchless. Most tippers had winches since they're Engineer trucks. I did see some that were closed cabs without winches though.

JeepMan

Interesting that your Tipper is winchless. Most tippers had winches since they're Engineer trucks. I did see some that were closed cabs without winches though.

Ooops --- double posting --- wonder if moderators can delete this one ??

HUMMERMAX

Dan, David, too much honor! Are just a collector and restorer with such passion! With my restoration team of course, my dad and my brother.

Thanks again
Massimo

MVPA#5875 and 28639

HUMMERMAX

BC, Thanks for your interest!
Bill, Thanks, I live distant 30 miles from Ferrari factory and 15 miles from Lamborghini factory!

Massimo

MVPA#5875 and 28639

HUMMERMAX

Hi JeepMan, your observation is right! When bought this GMC CCKW 353 Tipper former Dutch army, I took it because he was Tipper with closed cab.When arrived at home, I checked the chassis number and I found that the open the cab was replaced with the closed cab ( Dutch Army? ). This truck was delivered in 1944 and the open cab was standard in that period. So I changed the closed cab with an open cab.
Here are two pics during the restoration.

Massimo
MVPA#5875 and 28639

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Now that is a restore wow! I will be flying around space A when I retire and hope to visit Italy sometime next year so I will really want to stop by and meet you and your family. I want to bring my wife too she has never been there like I have.

HUMMERMAX

David, you and your wife have to visit Italy, it's worth, is wonderful...even though I love also the U.S.A!!

Regards
Massimo

ETBaals

collection

Hi Massimo
you collection is amazing, and the craftsmanship is top notch.

Keep up the good work.

Was your Hummer damageed during an air drop?

Ernie

HUMMERMAX

Ernie Thanks!
It was damaged during Desert Storm, but I don't know if during an air drop or during embarcation in a ship.

Massimo