• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Hard Doors

WeStandWithYisrael

Good Evening All,

I'm new to this site, I bought my first humvee not too long ago. I am interested in putting in hard doors, but they are crazy expensive; therefore, I'm thinking about fabricating my own doors. I have access to a brake press and a water jet table, and a bad ass tig welder that can weld aluminum like nobody else.

My question is: Do any you by chance have a set drawings with the dimensions of the doors? I guess I can always measure, but the problem is that I won't see my humvee for a couple more weeks.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

LMC

WeStandWithYisrael

No PM's yet. I'd be happy to send you the dims once I have them drafted in AutoCAD. I won't have my truck for another couple months, so it'll be a while before I can have that info for you.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t see posts from this member for a long time.

Last post 1-16-2018

HmmwvMMMf

TOBASH, I found some CAD stuff online but u have to pay for the drawings before you can even see samples so u don’t really know what ur getting.

I’ll keep u posted if I find anything. PLS do the do the same!!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought aftermarket electric X-doors a month ago. I also have a set of X-doors that I will pull from my vehicle, that I will refurbish for my next vehicle.

The thread caught my attention, but not sure if I need CAD/CAM as I will not be making 3D printed doors in my future.

I will however keep an eye out for you.

Perhaps post to stickies?

Best,

T