• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Hard Doors

WeStandWithYisrael

Good Evening All,

I'm new to this site, I bought my first humvee not too long ago. I am interested in putting in hard doors, but they are crazy expensive; therefore, I'm thinking about fabricating my own doors. I have access to a brake press and a water jet table, and a bad ass tig welder that can weld aluminum like nobody else.

My question is: Do any you by chance have a set drawings with the dimensions of the doors? I guess I can always measure, but the problem is that I won't see my humvee for a couple more weeks.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

LMC

WeStandWithYisrael

No PM's yet. I'd be happy to send you the dims once I have them drafted in AutoCAD. I won't have my truck for another couple months, so it'll be a while before I can have that info for you.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t see posts from this member for a long time.

Last post 1-16-2018

HmmwvMMMf

TOBASH, I found some CAD stuff online but u have to pay for the drawings before you can even see samples so u don’t really know what ur getting.

I’ll keep u posted if I find anything. PLS do the do the same!!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought aftermarket electric X-doors a month ago. I also have a set of X-doors that I will pull from my vehicle, that I will refurbish for my next vehicle.

The thread caught my attention, but not sure if I need CAD/CAM as I will not be making 3D printed doors in my future.

I will however keep an eye out for you.

Perhaps post to stickies?

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks