• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee won't start

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Chagawaga

Doghead THANK YOU I was tired of googling it to get one readily available.
I also found it on Amazon for 20 bucks.
Hopefully will get her running tomorrow

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your welcome.

Carrera911

That sound of a air leak is part of the fan system. When it hisses the fan is off and when it stops the fan is engaged. It's all part of the power steering system and the gold colored Cadillac valve by the washer resovoir that flips the fan on/off.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can lessen the hiss of the Cadillac valve that's in front of the washer reservoir by loosening the hose clamp that holds it to the body and putting a piece of rubber in between, then re-tightening. Common complaint.
Bulldogger

Carrera911

Yeah it's normal when you load the pump by steering to hear a change in tone. It will also sound different when you hit full steering lock. (Which you aren't supposed to hold for long or it puts wear on the pump)

Sundowner9000

Having same starting problem. Getting fuel from filter but not to the injectors. Should I assume injector pump is bad? There are 2 wires at top of IP and both getting 24v with switch on

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks