• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huntsville City Limits weight restrictions

Goose2448

M109A3 may be sold. Looks like I'll have to park the M35A2 at the RV park. It's the nicest one out of the three and I wouldn't mind keeping it.
I'm checking to see if I have access to the RV park here on base. I'm a civvie contractor, but have MWR privelages, so we'll see.
Confirmed that several neighbors complained. They were scared I was starting a militia or something. Wish I could find out who they were. I'd like to talk to them. ;-)
Start going DOOR TO DOOR. They should talk to you first. They should relize that it is a hobby just like they might have. You can also complain about anything they might be in violation of. That is what I am going to do for my neighbors Christmas gifts. They have complained about my Chevy C20. It's too loud, It's too fast, It's ugly. There are many violations here. THE ONES WHO FOLLOW THE RULES AND MIND THEIR OWN, ARE THE ONES WHO GET THE SHORT END OF THE BS STICK. You need to fight it untill you win. Look up the story about the owner of a compnay that coats stuff for BAE. They received a bannor thanking them for their service, the East Berlin Counicl wanted them to take it down, because it is too BIG. So far he has not and is fighting for a retarded ordinace. Way to GO. It was in The Evening Sun, Hanover, PA.

A-line

I got a call from my small town outside the city limits of Huntsville about 4 M1008s parked at a commerical property. Seems like people want to know whats going on when they see Military Trucks.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to the head honcho in the Zoning office today. He said I could build an outbuilding like the house RVs in and keep one truck in it. If I could afford it, I would!
He gave me a 1 week extension so it needs to be gone by Saturday.
I never received a written notice on this, but am a hesitant about pushing that point. As I understand it, once you get the written notice, you have 1 week to correct the "problem". :roll:
The supervisor told me they've been busy all over Huntsville serving notices to MV owners. Nothing better to do I guess.:deadhorse:

With all the silly rules of today and the whiney babies that love them, it's hard for those with interesting hobbies that can be "seen". Code inspectors probably have to generate enough paperwork to justify their positions. MV are an easy target because they are "different". Just like ham radio antenna towers and other finer lawn ornaments.

Last edited:

cldh35611

I have had at least a dozen trucks registered in Alabama. In Limestone County all I need is the original paid sales receipt and an inspection to see if the VIN plate is on the truck. I get a farm tag for about $35 a year. Farm tags have a few restrictions but they work for me.s One of the trucks that I sold was to someone in Huntsville that had the same problem as this post. To avoid any problems with Huntsville he just sold his truck.

Huntsville is Highly regulated and that is why I don't live there.

armadillofz1

staggering that someone can come onto your property and tell you what to do. i'm now going to shut my mouth (fingers) because i would be banned from this site and likely under FBI investigation.

SNAFU 7665

I live in NE Arkansas a little town called mammoth spring the only problems I have had are people breaking there necks or running off of road when they drive bye:-D, if anyone needs to park anything bring it bye no one gonna complain round here...

Greensteel37

Hmm, I just read this thread all the way through and it's alarming that Huntsville is so hostile to it's taxpayers.

I'm going to notify Johnny (Dixie Division prez) to see if this might cause us trouble in 2012. I'd hate to get going at the convention and have the cops show up and throw us out of the convention center.

:-x

dcwilkie

It's OK

Hmm, I just read this thread all the way through and it's alarming that Huntsville is so hostile to it's taxpayers.

I'm going to notify Johnny (Dixie Division prez) to see if this might cause us trouble in 2012. I'd hate to get going at the convention and have the cops show up and throw us out of the convention center.

:-x

There should be no problem. This was over a residential area zoning ordinance. We have RV shows and even Big Rig shows in HSV all the time.

Now if you were holding it at my house, I'd worry! ;-)

Greensteel37

I think that the Dixie Division should boycott the city and move the meet.2cents

I see what you are say'n but that wouldn't work either. Then we lose and they win.

The Veteran's Memorial Museum is there and they get along sorta well with the establishment. Kinda.

But the show must go on!

Last edited:

dcwilkie

Moving the event would sure disappoint several Huntsville MV owners- myself included!
I see it as a chance to educate the city council about owning and collecting military vehicles and how it can bring in revenue to the city.
I plan on personally inviting as many of the city council as possible! It's the only way we can get some action on this restriction IMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks