• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Head group buy?

kennys@wi.rr.com

I have been working with a company in China for the last week or so about buying a Hydraulic Head for the deuce. As with anything the more you buy the cheaper it is for the item and the shipping. My initial quote was around $375 for one shipped to my door. Ebay link is only for reference of the head and company not where I found it. I actually found the eBay link on their site. Fuel Injection Hydraulic Head(Rotor Head),distributor head HD90101A | eBay

*edited *** Ebay links are not allowed unless they are your own. *****

I have already cleared it with one of the powers that be for me to offer a group buy.

If I order 10 or more at a time I can get them to my door for $275 each. If anyone is interested I would also consider buying the o rings, which come in packs of 20, and include the three o rings needed to install one of these. I hope to be able to use a USPS flat rate box to get these reshipped out to whoever wants one so we would be looking at a final cost of around $285 a head.

Let me be very clear, I am not trying to make any money off this deal. I simply am trying to save myself some money. I have spent a few nights researching here on SS about these heads and then online about the company. So far everything seems to check out. Yes for another $250 plus shipping you can buy a NOS unit while they last. However, for me that $250 could be used elsewhere.

If you are interested please let me know soon. I am looking to order these within the next couple weeks if at all possible. I don't want them to change their minds on this quote. I really doubt this, but.... if we order even more the price may go down even farther.

Last edited by a moderator:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I might be interested in one. But I question the quality. The images appear to scream knock off to me...

kennys@wi.rr.com

I fully understand the cheap China knock off fear. However, I did speak to two other SS members who have bought the China units and they tell me they are working fine and fitment was not an issue. The only concern that came up was one option was to get injector nozzles with them, which I am not opting for, and the part number China has is not the correct p/n. He didn't have the correct number but I wasn't really considering that anyway.

Katahdin

You can put my name down for one, I'd be interested in the O rings too.

I've read the Chinese HH threads, one going back to 2006. Interesting thing is this isn't a US company that has outsourced its production to China. Its a Chinese company that appears to have recognized the demand for these heads to keep these trucks (and M60 tanks) rolling worldwide, has produced them for 11 years, and is marketing and selling them directly on their own. Kudos to them.

plym49

I might be interested as well, HH and 0-rings.

By coincidence, I was recently perusing that same companies web site and was considering purchasing quantity one prohylactically - since there seems to be nothing wrong with my existing HH, having a spare will ensure that it never goes south. If I do not have a spare on hand, then my original will go bad at the most inopportune time (that is just the way the world works).

So this seems a good deal all around, and thank you for taking the lead to set up a group grope.

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

If anyone is interested please shoot me an email. I am trying to put together an open email list so everyone gets the same information at the same time. Plus it will help make sure everyone gets the info, I don't want to over tax my brain trying to remember where I put my list of who I spoke to and who I didn't.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I now have the part number for the injector nozzles. My contact at the factory is putting together pricing for them now and I should have something back by tomorrow. Would anyone be interested in those for a reasonable price?

kennys@wi.rr.com

I just got word from China about the injector nozzles. They are part number ADB-135S-126-7 and cost $7.00 each. If all you want is the nozzles I should be able to fit those into a small flat rate box and I think those are $6.00. So for a set of 6 nozzles it would be $48. Not a bad price on those either.

I spoke to gimp about them and he is going to try and verify the part number for the nozzles with doghead. I believe they are correct, but we want to be sure is all.

3dAngus

OK, I'll figure it out what it is once it gets here. Need parts bucket.

I want it all. I appreciate what you're doing for the group here Kenny.

All Orings +1, HH, and 7nozzles. Please PM me price info with shipping.
Thanks.
Oh, is this paypal or how do I pay. Please put that and your email in the PM as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks