• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydroboost Help!!!!

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

My hydroboost is leaking down the floorboard and I dont want to spend 200 on a rebuild. Where can I get a seal kit and what is the part #. I cant see it being that hard to replace the seals. The GM dealer here said it obsolete. I have searched napa and kragen online and I cant find it.

dilvoy

I bought on of those Hydroboost rebuild kits off of E Bay. The guy is located in Tacoma Washington and uses the e bay name of 27d14. He is a very good guy to deal with. I have not installed it yet and actually just went to look for it and can't find the kit. :x

gasser

Mine was also leaking, just like yours down on to the floorboard. I put in some PS Fluid sealer, and it has stopped. Hopefully it will hold for a while.

So, CarQuest on Milpas didn't have the boot kit? How about the generic Kragen on upper State St.?

God, I love SB.

-graham

gasser

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been in that particular store, always leaving with "Why did I even bother" ...
I went to SBHS (90-94), and had a friend who's mom work at that CarQuest on Milpas St. I believe she was a part owner. Good folks there - if it's still around.....

-graham

jwaller

gm is still putting the hydraboost units on the newest duramax diesel trucks so parts should still be available. I just installed one on my race truck the other day. also give these ppl a call thats where I got mine. the specialize in them. www.hydraboost.com

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jwaller said:
gm is still putting the hydraboost units on the newest duramax diesel trucks so parts should still be available. I just installed one on my race truck the other day. also give these ppl a call thats where I got mine. the specialize in them. www.hydraboost.com
Race Truck ??? Is't that an Oxymoron?

dilvoy

I found it! It was in a safe place where it would not get easily lost and aparently easily found. The kit has three O rings, two cone fittings for the for the hydraulic hose sockets, a large and small seal both of whitch do not have any metal part to them, an O ring that has sort of a shape to surround two overlapping holes and a large nut. The NSN number is 2530-01-458-6907; Part number 2770718 and is described as Parts Kit, BOOSTER BRAKE. I don't know how the nitrogen would be installed in the cartridge or even if this kit even addressed that part of the booster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks