• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydroboost Help!!!!

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

My hydroboost is leaking down the floorboard and I dont want to spend 200 on a rebuild. Where can I get a seal kit and what is the part #. I cant see it being that hard to replace the seals. The GM dealer here said it obsolete. I have searched napa and kragen online and I cant find it.

dilvoy

I bought on of those Hydroboost rebuild kits off of E Bay. The guy is located in Tacoma Washington and uses the e bay name of 27d14. He is a very good guy to deal with. I have not installed it yet and actually just went to look for it and can't find the kit. :x

gasser

Mine was also leaking, just like yours down on to the floorboard. I put in some PS Fluid sealer, and it has stopped. Hopefully it will hold for a while.

So, CarQuest on Milpas didn't have the boot kit? How about the generic Kragen on upper State St.?

God, I love SB.

-graham

gasser

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been in that particular store, always leaving with "Why did I even bother" ...
I went to SBHS (90-94), and had a friend who's mom work at that CarQuest on Milpas St. I believe she was a part owner. Good folks there - if it's still around.....

-graham

jwaller

gm is still putting the hydraboost units on the newest duramax diesel trucks so parts should still be available. I just installed one on my race truck the other day. also give these ppl a call thats where I got mine. the specialize in them. www.hydraboost.com

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jwaller said:
gm is still putting the hydraboost units on the newest duramax diesel trucks so parts should still be available. I just installed one on my race truck the other day. also give these ppl a call thats where I got mine. the specialize in them. www.hydraboost.com
Race Truck ??? Is't that an Oxymoron?

dilvoy

I found it! It was in a safe place where it would not get easily lost and aparently easily found. The kit has three O rings, two cone fittings for the for the hydraulic hose sockets, a large and small seal both of whitch do not have any metal part to them, an O ring that has sort of a shape to surround two overlapping holes and a large nut. The NSN number is 2530-01-458-6907; Part number 2770718 and is described as Parts Kit, BOOSTER BRAKE. I don't know how the nitrogen would be installed in the cartridge or even if this kit even addressed that part of the booster.