• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I almost called 'uncle'.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I thought I burned up my power steering pump in my 1009. :x I was really bent because just yesterday I had been pulling parts off of a parts truck. Among a bunch of stuff I needed for the interior, I grabbed the generator (drivers side) but not the pump.

Smelled burning rubber this morning when I started it and a squeel. Turned it off and saw smoke in the area of the pump. After some significant swearing, I was about to put a call out for help to get a pump by tomorrow. I am about to start a 10 day stretch and really need the truck starting tomorrow. No chance of taking a vacation day. Was literally sweating bullets.

Had the wife crank it while I watched and saw it was actually the generator. Tools out, 20 minutes later, crank her up and she's fixed. Also replaced most of my dash parts. :D

Lesson learned: don't jump to conclusions. A quick check for heat on the pulleys would have told me which one was burning up. :oops:

Guess I'll have to find me another spare a lot sooner than I thought just in case this happens again in the future...hopefully a long, long time in the future.