• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I almost called 'uncle'.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I thought I burned up my power steering pump in my 1009. :x I was really bent because just yesterday I had been pulling parts off of a parts truck. Among a bunch of stuff I needed for the interior, I grabbed the generator (drivers side) but not the pump.

Smelled burning rubber this morning when I started it and a squeel. Turned it off and saw smoke in the area of the pump. After some significant swearing, I was about to put a call out for help to get a pump by tomorrow. I am about to start a 10 day stretch and really need the truck starting tomorrow. No chance of taking a vacation day. Was literally sweating bullets.

Had the wife crank it while I watched and saw it was actually the generator. Tools out, 20 minutes later, crank her up and she's fixed. Also replaced most of my dash parts. :D

Lesson learned: don't jump to conclusions. A quick check for heat on the pulleys would have told me which one was burning up. :oops:

Guess I'll have to find me another spare a lot sooner than I thought just in case this happens again in the future...hopefully a long, long time in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks