• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am about to install a 5.3 gas burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katavic918

I think if it is a running ... and run-able humvee that is a great find. But as a parts humvee it is a 'ok' deal in my mind. You can find a run-able Off-Road Humvee for $7,000-$15,000 from what I see and run-able Road Humvee for 20,000 to 50,000. Just having the road title will make a parts humvee go way up. IMHO

I don't know how someone sells the Humvee. I had to state (I thought with EUC), that if I sold it I would go through hoops with the DOD to make sure the Humvee was sold in accordance with their terms. Although I can't see how or why I would sell mine. (I guess over my dead body... or something like that.) :)
There is no such thing as a "road humvee" unless you mean an H1.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is no such thing as a "road humvee" unless you mean an H1.
Actually, there's a number of completely legal HMMWVs out there on the road. And not the ones GP sells.

As to the rest of this thread. Can we please stop the needless arguing?

ryanruck

I think some folks are forgetting, or maybe didn't know, that Rod Hall Racing as well as the now defunct Off Road America were dropping 502s and even 572s in H1s quite some time ago (I want to say starting in the mid-late 90s) and doing quite well on the 10k running gear since this was before the 12k stuff was introduced. Granted they were using the 4L80E trans (again, if memory serves correct) and not the TH400s, which I think is the real bottleneck for getting power to the ground on these these trucks.

I'd also mention that Team Hummer and their H1s racked up several Baja 1000 and Nevada 1000 wins, as well as successfully completed the Paris-Dakar Rally many moons ago.

hummer.jpg

So these are trucks that can be made to be quite a bit more capable than they came from the factory. Is it going to be true to the original military heritage of the truck? No, but then again that's not what everyone's looking for when they buy one of these. I personally think, if you're looking for one of these types of trucks to trick out for performance, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better candidate for a blank slate than a HMMWV with a shot drivetrain you can pick up for a couple $K.

In the end, as the old saying goes though, "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go." Just my $0.02... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks