• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am not 18 anymore

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have one of those kitchen step stools....I use that to climb onto the bumper and then as stated above walk the hood up by going along the fender.

NOTE!!!!!! Always latch the hood up with the spring latch attached for the purpose.

I saw a guy in Gemany get clobbered when the wind blew the hood over on him....they had to haul him to the hospital in Frankfurt.

We had a mean azzed Sgt. Major that Article 15'd the guy for not following proper proceedure......talk about adding insult to injury.

He got two weeks of extra duty.......guarding the Motor Pool.

Sirblissfull

We had a guy Arty 15ed for breaking his hand punching a wall while throwing a tantrum.

Destruction of government property.

Still makes me smile.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still limber enough to open the hood myself, but for other heavy tasks....

1. Walk next door.
2. Ring Doorbell.
3. Ask 16 year old kid to come help.
4. "Pay" the kid by teaching him to drive the Deuce and potentially "convert" a youngster into an MV Addict.
5. Let his kid brother (about 11 years old) ride along for an early MV education.

Works every time ! ! !

And it's pretty safe too.

BTW: the 11 year-old and his buddies are my "Motorpool Guards" and assure that NOBODY messes with The ARK.

m816

We recently installed a ring mount on my buddies M813. That truck has a hood big as a KW. I went past where he has it parked and saw he has a novel way to open and close it. He ran length of heavy cloths line through the hold down handles in the front and looped it to a pulley he rigged to the pintle socket in the ring mount. It looks really southern engineered but he says he uses a broom handle to get it started and then hauls it up with the rope. He says he has to tie it off to the turnsignal guard cause the ring mount won't let it rest on the windshield. That makes the standard saftey bracket useles. only thing is that now he has the hood up he still needs an elivator to get his chubby butt up on the truck. I preferr to watch from the ground these days.

bones1

Now were cookin'' Pooch has extra handles I see...good idea, that would help. Where can I get them. Also, there are a bunch of those "handles" all along my Deuce frame, they look just like the hood handles what are they for?.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks