• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am not 18 anymore

AGE|kshaufl

I didn't read through the whole list of things. But if you can unlatch it, and it has a handle, you can use a piece of 1x2 with a V notch in it to lift the hood. If you are not comfortable up on the winch that is.

mudguppy

I stand on the ground. Smoke a cig and do it one handed.
i'll buy the cigar if you can do use that method on my truck. [thumbzup]

the method i use is from atop the winch: lift and then step onto the valve covers to set it against the visor. then i use a 1"x3"-5' to prop as a safety support against the wind.

to get onto the winch is either by use of 3-step ladder to bumper to winch top. if no ladder, the use a tire lug as a step onto the inside bumper edge (essentially the 18yo method...).

Bighurt

I really need a Mk1 Mod 0, where did you get yours?.

I have a three pack, different build dates though, not entirely sequential...they are still in upgrade status, not exactly running the full program required to lift the hood. Probably need some modification to meet the minimum height requirements for the task.

Budgets kinda full give them 11-14 yrs...then I'll be set.

3dAngus

Why doesn't someone build an air lift to get it started a few feet.
Is there room on the inside to mount an air cylinder on the sides.
If so, you should be able to get the worst of it going.
I would need a boat winch mounted above from the ceiling or overhead post built with pulley to lift mine, but you can't always park under the hood hoist. Wish life was that easy where you could always "pull in."

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased an Al. boarding steps for a shelter that came with a truck. I just take the steps, place them against the front bumper, and unlatch the hood, then walk it back stepping on the right fender. Then I cross over to the left, scoot around the air cleaner, and tie the hood back using the supplied hardware. I have found that the steps help a lot, as I never have in my hand the tool I need, or I have dropped the $%%^&^%^&*^###% tool on the ground, and I have to go and retrieve same. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks