• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am now an OIL BURNER!!!

bill2444

You could save up 200 gallons of wmo. That will be the equivalent of $800 worth of fuel. Then you could explain how you are going to break even. I've been breaking even for a while nowrofl

bill2444

sounds like a good plan. My current tank full has a little to much gear lube blend as it has a noticble difference going thru the lines/pump until it gets real warm. Need to throw a little deisel at it today.

Smokinyoda

I ended up adding about 3 gallons of gasoline to my wmo mixture, and it made a world of difference. Power is still not the same as 100% diesel but very close.:jumpin:

eddiec

I dont know about everyone else, but as for me, im not pre heating the wmo, and been running it in my truck for almost 4 years full strength. Winter is a different story, but spring til fall, thats all it sees. The 1008 i had was the same way, straight wmo for 2 years, then sold it. New owner still uses wmo, he has had it for 3 years, no issues yet

eddiec

Well, one issue, we dont burn CENEX brand wmo anymore, it left large amounts of barbon deposits on the injector tips, other than that. Everything is good.

crazywelder72

Thanks for the info Eddiec.

Since you have a few years experience with WMO, what type of filtering are you doing to it before you add it to the trucks tank.

crazywelder72

I had a crazy thought today and i was wondering has anyone tried anything like this and how well did or didnt work.

Let me first say i understand the centrifuge process but has anyone experminted with filtering oil by using a pressurized tank to force oil thru a filter or filters? Kind of like the pressure bleeders that we all are using. Just bigger and with filters and supplied air. (we all have air compressors)

I read that old jeans work as a filter material not to mention spin on filters.

My thought was to take a 55 gal drum (plastic or metal) with lid and install a bulkhead fitting for a drain and a airline fitting up top. Inside the barrel the used denim would be cut to fit in front of the Drain.

Outside on the drain hose, a ball-valve installed upstream of additional spin-on filters could be added. Obviously the hose would then go to a collection tank.

panshark

I think that a certain amount of air pressure would give you an increase in safe filter flow, somewhere between 0-5 psi, and if you crank it up to like 50 psi to really got a good flow through the filters, then you run the risk of damaging whatever filter elements you're using, and won't be catching any contaminants.

bigugh20

i didnt expect to do more than just a few psi. Just something to help it along other than gravity.

curious to see the video
A pound or so should be fine. I know lots of people have used this method. I have seen barrels blow up like a balloon just from extreme temperature changes and don't want no part of that.
The link in the post above should work for you, if not let me know. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you. A setup like he made would be cheap and could be easily scaled up a bit.

billypop

I don't a military vehicle of any type but I am considering one. I like the M35A3 - 6 wheels, auto trans but am considering the multi fuel duece instead just for the efficiencies that can be had. I see that everyone uses different formulations and I get lost as to just what you can run. Is there some kind of referance tble or a guideline or something that give you a clue where to start.:whistle:

Oh, yea what about the 1008 runnin 100% WMO. I'm lost as H##L.
Wanted all your2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks