• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am probably going to kick myself.

greenjeepster

I listed my truck on Epay... started her at 99 cents with no reserve. I scoff at those who put up an item for sale with a reserve. Grow a pair and and man up...:mrgreen:

Okay in all reality I hope to god I get all my money back out of it, Dreaming a little I would like about 4 K for her and will die if she brings less than they are bringing on GL.

Oh don't worry, there is another one in my future, I am thinking about either a bobbed truck or going for a 109. I don't have the heart to bob my own truck even though I already talked to a fabricator about it. Just can't do it for some reason... Chop down a perfectly good truck:? So if I get one I guess I am going to buy one already done.

Wish me luck and hopefully the Ebay gods will smile down on me. Hey if anybody has about 3800.00 cash I will sell her outright too ;)

greenjeepster

If you could kick me that would be great... Will you kick my wife while your at it too :D I made the mistake of saying I was thinking about selling it and she jumped right on that bandwagon... Now I am scared she will balk when I start looking for another one :(

greenjeepster

Thanks: On my end the audio in the videos is very fuzzy. I don't know if that is my internet connection or my crappy camera. How does it sound to everybody else.

If you watched my exploding log video no I can't legally tell you how that was done :grd:

markmontana

The only real auctions (to me) are $0 to start and no reserve. They always get the best/most action-- and savvy bidders know to watch 'hot' active auctions. You'll come out ok.

On the other hand- where's the excitement in buying a known/good running truck. Much more fun to throw the dice at a GL truck...
:roll:

greenjeepster

I sweat bullets every time I buy something on GL... It is fun :D

That being said; I have bought some real crap off of ebay too. I collect old duck decoys and bought one a few years ago that was represented as an old wood decoy. It arrived and was a piece of crap plastic decoy... The seller never responded back:mad:

markmontana

greenjster- looking at your ebay ad, you don't say anything about the dual brake circuit that the 1989 AM Generals have. Might help to get the most value out of the truck to list that feature. The dual system really makes the A2 an even greater truck.

OldGoat

Hopefully you will do better on the no reserve trucks than I have. I won't do that again. If the bids are not where you want them to be, close the auction 24 hours before it ends (wait too long & it's nearly impossible to close).

markmontana

"If the bids are not where you want them to be, close the auction 24 hours before it ends (wait too long & it's nearly impossible to close)."

Oldgoat- Most of the serious bidders don't even engage or enter a bid until the last 39.5 minutes. I have to disagree with your idea... respectfully
;)

Last edited:

OldGoat

"If the bids are not where you want them to be, close the auction 24 hours before it ends (wait too long & it's nearly impossible to close)."

Oldgoat- Most of the serious bidders don't even engage or enter a bid until the last 39.5 minutes. I have to disagree with your idea... respectfully
;)
No biggie, just conversation on a rainy day :( . Shippable items like parts do great. Something rare like a 67 BB Corvette does great. Abarth stuff does great. Rare hot rod parts do great. WW2 stuff does great. To really do good on ebay, your item has to be something that multiple bidders in many geographical areas are interested in (i.e rare, or at least not common) and willing to pay the shipping on. My experience with selling almost a dozen M35's has been that the bid with 24 hours left has been pretty close to the sold price. You can do a past search on sold prices on anything on ebay, & get a good idea what a closed price is.

greenjeepster

I thought you had more than one?
I bought two last fall just to make sure I ended up with one complete good truck. I have since sold the spare and now this one is going to. I may end up with the exact same thing again, but I have lost interest in this one. I am leaning towards a bobbed truck with a slide in camper as a hunting rig, or a 109 for the same purpose.

Unless somebody calls me and wants to buy it for about 3800 before she closes on Wednesday she will go to the high bidder. It is an auction so selling for lower than I would like is a chance I take. Somebody will either pay a reasonable price on a good truck or they will steal it.

I am as descriptive as possible in order to maximize interested bidders. Sure if you do like the people who are just flipping these trucks do and list one truck with very little description and then say "I have a dozen of these available" you will not get many people to bid on them. This is my personal truck, I have owned it for a while and have driven it, worked on it, sweated and bled on it. I expect it to bring a little more than some guy who is trying to unload a bunch at an easy profit. If it doesn't then congratulations to the new owner:beer:
I think it will do okay. It looks like it may be the only A2C on there right now.

Last edited: