• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am probably going to kick myself.

JCKnife

Oh I think it'll do fine. Have you done a search of completed auctions for what they've been selling for?

greenjeepster

Well we are down to the last 25 or so hrs. Price is still less than half of what I want out of her so I am sweating profusely. Anyway looks like an Ebay Bidder will own her. I have had several lowball offers on her. Come on last minute bidders:jumpin:

So I am already browsing other trucks. It is a disease; my wife wants to know why I am selling one and then looking at the exact same thing over again? Good point, but I don't have room for many of these things so I am unable to collect 5 or six so I think I am resigned to sell one and buy another:mrgreen:

I am going to try and hold out a few months and look for a good bobbed truck though. Maybe I will buy a crapper and bob it myself, ground up resto. Having options is exciting.

lavarok

greenjster- looking at your ebay ad, you don't say anything about the dual brake circuit that the 1989 AM Generals have. Might help to get the most value out of the truck to list that feature. The dual system really makes the A2 an even greater truck.

Does it have the "dual brakes"?

m35_military_parts

This is a very useless post! You are fishing to find more potential buyers. There's a classified section for this reason. You should of spent a few hours and fixed the issues on the truck. Did you try to adjust the voltage regulator? Did you try to tighten the hose clamps on the coolant crossover manifolds? Is the oil supply line to the injection pump dry rotted? At least take some black paint and cover up the GL numbers, and paint the wheels. Don’t cry about the price if you put no effort into fixing the truck. It’s another typical seller buy a truck from GL do nothing to it, and try to make a profit. :)

tm america

hey i want to get in line to kick you:deadhorse:i wouldnt even think of selling on egay again.they work for the buyer not the seller even though you are the one paying to list it. put it on craigslist it's free and no drama with people that dont pay costing you more money to relist it

greenjeepster

I don't know what the duel brakes look like so I don't know if it has them or not.

M35: If I was just flipping a truck for a profit I would have sold it when I bought it and I sure as **** would have a reserve on it like all the flippers on ebay. I haven't fixed the few problems it has for personal reasons and on my own truck they are not issues that bother me.

I posted on here cause I thought that some members might like to see the entire ebay process without reserve from start to finish. I didn't post in the classifieds because there are already plenty of trucks like this one on there not selling and unlike those sellers I am ready and willing to sell at any price.

If you don't like a thread click the "Unsubscribe" button and you don't have to read it anymore.... I am sure that for your one complaint there are multiple other members who have enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for the information on how to cover the GL numbers... I never thought about painting over them, Tried a bunch of stuff to remove it which didn't work, Even asked about it on here and the only input I got was to sand it off.

greenjeepster

Thanks TM: I know you would be willing to kick me. I do have it listed locally on craigslist and another local classified site. No hits from there, guess I am too late for tax returns.

I thought "egay" owns craigslist?

Last edited:

lavarok

Under the truck there will be two air packs if you have dual brakes. The passenger side air pack will be to the inside near the fuel tank...post some photos of the underside if you can and that will settle it. Also, is there a brake light on the dash in the center of the cluster?

moleary

This is a very useless post! You are fishing to find more potential buyers. There's a classified section for this reason. You should of spent a few hours and fixed the issues on the truck. Did you try to adjust the voltage regulator? Did you try to tighten the hose clamps on the coolant crossover manifolds? Is the oil supply line to the injection pump dry rotted? At least take some black paint and cover up the GL numbers, and paint the wheels. Don’t cry about the price if you put no effort into fixing the truck. It’s another typical seller buy a truck from GL do nothing to it, and try to make a profit. :)
Says the guy who's very name implies that he's trying to make money selling parts (which no one will fault you for).

Seems like you might want to not come on here casting stones at a well respected member of the community. I, for one, found that the only post in this thread to not have any value was yours.

AceHigh

Unlike many sellers on Ebay Brad points out every possible defect he is aware of. I see a lot of folks who buy from GL, spin a coat of paint on it and sell it. In this case they buyer can be assured of a good runner (with LED lights!)

MO MV man

I stand corrected.......
For what it's worth, Wikipedia says Ebay has a 25% stake in Craigslist.
Since 2004, as a matter of fact.
They haven't changed the mode of operation of Craigslist yet and that's a good thing.

greenjeepster

Okay: If two air packs equals deul brakes than this truck does not have duel brakes. Yes I know that 1989s have duel brakes; GL sent me a title for this truck and it is dated manufacture 1989. I don't know how they came up with that, but it is what it is and I posted that information mostly for registering and insurance purposes. If the prospective buyer wanted to put antique or historic plates on this truck it isn't going to happen because of the year on the title.
That explains why I could not see any difference in this trucks "duel brake" system and the other trucks I have looked at in the past with single brakes systems. :mrgreen:

Oh on the ebay/craigslist thing... the answer can be found right on craigslist.
craigslist | about > press > ebay stake

lavarok

regarding the braking system and year of manufacture, what is the contract number on your truck. That will give you insight on it's true age. I doubt 1989 is correct.