• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can only help if my wife benifits!!

91W350

Wow! Three posts and you are already in trouble? Too many requests? Just laying down the law early? I suppose one of these days I will come home to a pile of RC cars in the lawn and my CUCVs parked in the street.

I think my current wife listened when I told her the last one gave me until noon the next day to pack all of my stuff and be out. As much as I hated to, :twisted: I loaded up my bass boat with everything I deemed important, except my gun safe (I knew she would not move it and she could not get it out the door with the doors on it) and rented a storage unit. The next morning while she was working, a couple of buddies and I loaded the safe and it was all over except the attorney fees.... and a really nice VW station wagon the judge said I had to give to her.

I spent that summer sleeping in my Blazer where I could find shade. Once caught up, I never looked back.

I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas! Glen

XanRa

Wow! Three posts and you are already in trouble? Too many requests? Just laying down the law early? I suppose one of these days I will come home to a pile of RC cars in the lawn and my CUCVs parked in the street.

I think my current wife listened when I told her the last one gave me until noon the next day to pack all of my stuff and be out. As much as I hated to, :twisted: I loaded up my bass boat with everything I deemed important, except my gun safe (I knew she would not move it and she could not get it out the door with the doors on it) and rented a storage unit. The next morning while she was working, a couple of buddies and I loaded the safe and it was all over except the attorney fees.... and a really nice VW station wagon the judge said I had to give to her.

I spent that summer sleeping in my Blazer where I could find shade. Once caught up, I never looked back.

now thats standing up for what you believe in! way to go!!:mrgreen:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a "wife permission" problem.

As Ricky used to tell his bride..... "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do." So, I'll elaborate on my previous comment....

Fact 1. In OUR home, I am the KING.
Fact 2. In OUR home, my wife is the QUEEN.
Fact 3. The King provides for and will protect the Queen and the Castle to the death.
Fact 4. The Queen is the one person with "intimate access" to the King (and she can kill the King in his sleep).
Fact 5. The Queen knows that the King is her provider and protector and therefore she watches the King's back, gracefully gliding about collecting "intell" from the other King's Queens and assuring OUR Castle's sovreignty. She assures that no one blindsides HER King.
Fact 6. The King knows how to treat the Queen like the most precious Queen in the world and therefore....
Fact 7. The Queen knows how to treat the King like a King in all ways always.
Fact 8. The mutual respect between the King and the Queen extends to all aspects of our lives, not just our public persona, but even into the most intimate levels of our relationship. Thus, we are eachother's best friend and most trusted confidants.

Antithesis...
-If you have anything less in your relationship with your spouse, don't expect anything more from your relationship with your spouse.
-Marriage is not a 50:50 thing but a 100%+100% thing.

Challenge:
-Select the FULL COMMITMENT Option.
-Watch the movie FIREPROOF http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/ and embrace its message....
-Then, enjoy the positive changes in your lives.

M920

Well.....Maybe one of these days I will get lucky.... But for now my "Formula" is:

The more MVs you own........The more wifes and girlfriends you go through....:roll:

At least the MVs can be repaired.....oh and if not....sumone will still PAY you scrap value for it $$$$$$$.... I REST MY CASE:jumpin:

86m1028

Those aren't my dogs(?). Someone else posted them somewhere...but to me they represent confusion...so I used them.:grd:

On a side note...I guess they are like an incredibly ugly kid...(Wreckerman comes to mind)... maybe the parents can grow to love them??:roll::jumpin:

Thats one ugly dog & 2 cool looking cats.

hwcurtice

As Ricky used to tell his bride..... "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do." So, I'll elaborate on my previous comment....

Fact 3. The King provides for and will protect the Queen and the Castle to the death.
Fact 4. The Queen is the one person with "intimate access" to the King (and she can kill the King in his sleep).
Fact 5. The Queen knows that the King is her provider and protector and therefore she watches the King's back, gracefully gliding about collecting "intell" from the other King's Queens and assuring OUR Castle's sovreignty. She assures that no one blindsides HER King.
Fact 6. The King knows how to treat the Queen like the most precious Queen in the world and therefore....
Fact 8. The mutual respect between the King and the Queen extends to all aspects of our lives, not just our public persona, but even into the most intimate levels of our relationship. Thus, we are eachother's best friend and most trusted confidants.

Antithesis...
-If you have anything less in your relationship with your spouse, don't expect anything more from your relationship with your spouse.

Challenge:
-Watch the movie FIREPROOF http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/ and embrace its message....
Awesome movie! We give a copy of it to newlyweds now.

Your message is right on as well!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so does she have this same rule for her "sewing circle friends" when they need a truck to move something and she vollenteers you because you got the truck ? aua

Last edited:

91W350

Current wife is wonderful, too bad she did not come along a few years sooner. I have made many mistakes in my life that I am not particularly proud of. I paid my dues and they were not cheap, some of life's lessons are very harsh. We have been together for 15 years or so now and I am pretty sure one of us is going to be tossing that first handful of dirt on the other's final resting spot..... Maybe one day I will have some tough questions to answer..... kind of tough to go back and change things now!

I'll not bother the OP with any requests, but if any of you guys want me to go to Riley and look at or photograph something for you, just drop me a line. If my wife complains that I am spending too much time going over there, she can go with me! So far I have never made a trip to the base during which I did not see something new, learn something, or find something else to drool over. Besides that, the boys love to go! Glen

Attachments

jpekarek

Antithesis...

Challenge:
Nicely said! I am in total agreeance.

Nowhere did it say "The King can spend every day doing what he wants and leave the Queen to tend to the kids and house". :beer:

91W350

Nicely said! I am in total agreeance.

Nowhere did it say "The King can spend every day doing what he wants and leave the Queen to tend to the kids and house".
We are a long ways from that! Everybody is different, thankfully! She has things that we do that I am not that wild about, but I am there for her, likewise, I have things that I do that she does not care about and she is there for me. We both enjoy the travels and visiting historical places.

I would never deny her a trip to a museum, an archeological site, or a historical building she wanted to visit. She is a retail store manager and works a lot of evenings. I try to schedule things around her schedule.... we both have a serious dose of lets go and do, instead of wishing we had. Glen

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Marriage Counseling Sessions???

I think not Sir!!!:!::!:

"They knew what they were doing, they bought their ticket"!!

"I SAY LET EM CRASH"!!roflroflrofl

Westech

CPL
I would like to say a little something. My wife does not like it if I loose my butt on stuff and it seams to happen from time to time dealing with the MV stuff. But she does not mind if I take a little time and help. Now I do have to charge a little gas money but I not out to make a ton of money. The last haul I did it took all of 7-8 hours and I used a full tank of fuel and I only "made" 50 bucks or so after fuel cost. I dont think that is out of line. Now I would NOT take a day off work in most cases but its not a set never. Would I post a rant on my wife on the internet? NO WAY! I keep that to her and I not the world. He has some good points and I can not flam him for that.. but holy sh$7 guy keep your mouth shut!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish we could attach sound files, to play with a post. I can hear a whip cracking....

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish we could attach sound files, to play with a post. I can hear a whip cracking....
Doghead:
I know this isn't the playback you had in mind, nor the genre of Whip Cracking either.... but it's what immediately came to mind when I read your comment.......

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiF0M4uOhgI[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks