• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can provide power steering CHEAP & RELIABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadsword71

I'm working things out guys. I'm told I will hear from a supplier in the morning. And hopefully by days end tomorrow I'll have info for everyone...HOPEFULLY! I say that with extreme caution because I cannot control others.

I do have good news about the liability. Without getting into details I'm told that there is a way around the liability issues. Standby for further....

broadsword71

I'm not so much concerned with this. There have been plenty of accidents involving MV's and not much press on banning them. I am concerned with the OP trying to get around the liabilities and others telling him "it's no big deal, build it and sell it cheap so I can buy one". The only way to cover himself liability wise is to get the liability insurance, and thats going to raise the cost and negate this whole deal.

If broadsword thinks the risk vs. reward is worth it to do without the coverage then go right ahead and do it. Just dont come back here with your sob story about how you think you got railroaded and are in the poor house if something does happen and you get sued. Thats my point. Theres been alot of that going on lately where somebody thinks they got screwed on some deal and when the whole story comes about it usually turns out to be their own fault for not doing enough homework before going through with the deal.
I'm a big boy...you won't hear me whine if something like that happens. With that said I'm taking the proper steps to safeguard myself and understand the possible liabilities. I appreciate everyone's insight and concern.

Gunfreak25

POOP ON ALL THE NAY SAYER WORRIERS.

This is a great idea, I hope you continue with it. Hey, now I know why Papabear posts in bold yellow all the time. It's cool. :mrgreen:

Proceed with your idea SIR and thanks for your service! :beer:

rickf

You know, I have been preaching tolerance here and telling people to give you a chance but you just keep throwing out teasers. You are really going to get people against you if you are not careful here. If you do not want to give out your ideas that is fine but stop with the teases. Just be quiet until you have something material. You are hurting yourself without realizing it.

Rick

broadsword71

:-( Dang, I was hoping it wasn't a full hydro setup. Guess I'll go back to the other design for mine.

You misread the post. There are two systems I am offering for now until I get the feedback from a supplier. The first system is power asist and keeps the steering box the second system does not have a steering box. I gave people 2 options.

cbvet

Well, if it's a full hydro system, I'm not interested. Might be okay for off road use I guess.
My Case tractor has hydro steering, and when a hose broke quit at about 20 mph things got hairy.

broadsword71

You know, I have been preaching tolerance here and telling people to give you a chance but you just keep throwing out teasers. You are really going to get people against you if you are not careful here. If you do not want to give out your ideas that is fine but stop with the teases. Just be quiet until you have something material. You are hurting yourself without realizing it.

Rick
Well I worked my tail off today for this news. This is not a tease. I should be able to provide a power assist system shortly. I just want to make sure its 100% safe. The post was intended to let people know I have successfully circumvented the 3000 dollar torque generator ALT greatly. And to let people know that a full hydro system was available if anyone wanted it. Im not sure about your understanding here.

I am still awaiting response from a supplier in regards to the assist system I started working on at first. The guy apparently has been out sick and he was the last obstacle. While waiting I tackled the torque generator system C&C provides for 2800 bucks. I'd say it was a great success, but not complete because I need to test it more to ensure safety. Everyone has me all concerned with getting sued by everyone now...so things slowed down. That's a fact!!!

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Rick
I kind of agree with Rick. You've already gotten a pretty good gauge of the interest in a $600 PS kit. I'd either post up the complete system with pricing of keep quiet about it until you can.

If it turns out to be a good kit with a good price I'll be in for one. Until then I'm done with this thread.

broadsword71

I kind of agree with Rick. You've already gotten a pretty good gauge of the interest in a $600 PS kit. I'd either post up the complete system with pricing of keep quiet about it until you can.

If it turns out to be a good kit with a good price I'll be in for one. Until then I'm done with this thread.[/QUO

Most trucks here been w/o power steering for over 40 years....I update the thread because I was asked to and several people inquired to me via PM about torque Generator systems. I'm here 2 days and a couple people need a tissue.

I thought I'd here...WOW you got the same system C&C is selling down to 650.00 in one day! Instead I hear more whining. Where are all the Marines??? Can I get a dagone freakin war cry please? I had people contact me from other countries on this site warning me of this. Who cares! PM me if you want to complain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks