• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did a bad bad thing

dmetalmiki

sorry for duplication (and) I cant delete the thing!. So while here i will add that I found an M35 with an 427 engine in it, It had a D turbo and performed well, We used it to transport jeeps to the shows..I seem to remember it was slightly underpowered though, but as it was obtained cheaply we changed the engine for the 465 5 ton version and then it did perform well. The M.P.G. was not as good as regular deuce 465s though.

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you DO decide to part it out , I would be interested in the dropside bed , bob k

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey XchaosX,

Can you post a picture of the dataplate and the warranty plate? I am starting a registry of the late model USAF trucks.

XchaosX

Bob, ill let you know if I decide to part it out.

Warthog I hope this is good enough shot. I'll know more info and have a ton more pics when I get her home this weekend or next week
2013-11-18 12.49.54.jpg

XchaosX

Well it looks like it's going to reasonably enough to repair it. Just what I need another project. Hoping the engine isn't screwed, especially after a mouse made it it's home. Anyone have idea how to clean that out? I was thinking of sucking it out with a shop vac and then flushing it out with oil a couple times.
2013-12-03 15.58.09.jpg

Last edited:

ATPTac

Well it looks like it's going to reasonably enough to repair it. Just what I need another project. Hoping the engine isn't screwed, especially after a mouse made it it's home. Anyone have idea how to clean that out? I was thinking of sucking it out with a shop vac and then flushing it out with oil a couple times.
View attachment 466049
I'd say the shop vac idea is probably smart, I'd make sure you get as much out of there as possible.

DeucesWild11

Congrats on the new addition. Should change the title to "I did a good thing" bringing her back to life instead of a parts truck.

Hey you're not too far from Kublos, (wish I was closer to him) Kenny is great huh.. It must be nice having him so close by (relatively)

Can't wait to see the progress.. good luck!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A trick I have used before is to tape a smaller hose to the shop vac hose. It creates a smaller cross section and increases the suction. I used this method to vacuum out sparkplug holes.

Was the oil pan damaged? You may want to drop the oil pan anyway.

XchaosX

Ken is awesome, Kublos is a little over an hour from here. Been there a few times for parts for my 73, looks like I'll be going back for a boat load of parts for this truck. I'm surprised this truck was totalled out. Other than the front spring pack being snapped off the frame and fenders smashed nothing else looks to be that bad.

XchaosX

Warthog, thanks for the tip I'll give that a try tomorrow. Yes, the oil pan is damaged from the junkyard's forklift amongst other things. Now I need to try find one.

XchaosX

Not yet, hope to find one cheap enough. Will try to see if Kublos has one first. Plan on dropping the oil pan and front drive shatft tomorrow.

Last edited: