• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did a bad bad thing

Dipstick

X,
I have used filter cans from my spin on swap. I live in Phillipsburg NJ and you can have mine for free. Let me know if you're interested. There are many big truck repair places that straighten bent or twisted frames. It shouldn't be too hard to find one in your vicinity.

XchaosX

Got the passenger fender off today. Talked to Ken today and he has most the parts I need. Might be able to run down there next week.
2013-12-06 16.46.59.jpg

XchaosX

I can't help myself and went looked at another deuce not to far away, a 1968 M35A2 W/W. It has been sitting a long time and in rough shape. It has no title and the cab is pretty rotten so there is no point in fixing this one. The canvas top has withered away and the tires have sunken into the ground from sitting so long. I was hoping to use the fenders on it for the 88 but they might be too far gone. I just need to figure a way to haul it out of there before I buy it. I Have a guy that can haul it but no winch on the trailer to haul it up on. If I can get the engine to run I could use the winch on the truck. I think there are enough usable parts to make it worth while. I definitely can't tell the wife about this one!

XchaosX

It's a sickness! Everyone thought I was crazy with one truck. I use to spend my money collecting guns but NY put a stop to that. So the trucks fill that void for me and empty my wallet now.

XchaosX

I got the oil pan and front leaf spring installed that I picked up from Kublo's. I'll probably try firing it up this weekend since it's going to warm up.
20131219_173150.jpg

XchaosX

I finally got back to working on the truck this last week. I got it running just before I quit working it this cold long winter. Tore into the front axle replaced the seals and boots. Was able to piece a tool box back together from 2 wrecked boxes I had. Was able to straighten the grill guard and tweak the hood enough to get it to shut right. Still need to do some metal work to the hood. Just need 2 front fenders, a shock, a steering box and a bunch of small other things to have her rolling again.
2014-05-12 18.13.38.jpg2014-05-12 18.13.07.jpg2014-05-12 18.13.23.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See just like old Harley's never die they just go faster, Old MV's will only get more LOVE. Good job.

Last edited:

XchaosX

Originally I bought the truck for parts but as I tore into I realized it wasn't that bad. Once I heard the truck run, I knew I had to fix it. Plus the truck is really good shape other than being alittle beat up from the wreck. When I opened up the axles the brakes and bearings were in great shape. I just need to grab a few parts and it will be ready for the road again. I really do need to buy a parts truck now...

XchaosX

Have gotten a bunch done to the truck in the last week. Figured out the clutch problem I was having because I made a dumb mistake. Bypassed FDC and had a new fuel line made up to replace the crushed front copper line. Got a new line and fitting so I could hook the air assit back up. Also put on some new mirrors. Was able to move the truck under it's own power only forward and reverse, still need a steering box. First time the truck has been able to do that since it was wrecked 3-4 years ago!
2014-05-22 18.46.58.jpg2014-05-27 17.36.36.jpg2014-05-23 16.31.31.jpg2014-05-27 17.36.47.jpg

XchaosX

Pounded out some dents in the hood today and straightened the brush guard. I got it straight enough for me. Ordered a bunch of new parts for it and should be picking up a parts truck soon. Plus picked up a S250 shelter to throw in back and make a camper. Should be back on the road shortly.
2014-06-16 19.14.24.jpg2014-06-19 16.33.31.jpg

XchaosX

I went a little crazy ordering parts the last few weeks: spin ons, boost/pyro gauge, h4 highlights, battery cut off, muffler, and another set of 395 xzl's with mrap rims. I couldn't help myself and bought another deuce. This one has no title and the cab is shot so I won't be fixing this one. SS member Mikey, my buddy Richie and I flat towed it home 50 miles with my deuce. The truck had been sitting out in a field for 10+ years. It had sunken into the ground 6 inches and actually took a couple tugs from my truck to free it. It only had 2 flat tires which where on the rear axle duals. The inner aired up fine and outer had a leak we aired up a few times on the way home. The trip home went far better than expected with no issuses. I have already took off most of the parts I need to fix my air force deuce.
2014-06-25 20.42.40.jpg2014-06-29 11.09.20.jpg2014-06-29 12.26.46.jpg2014-07-02 20.38.19.jpg

Attachments

XchaosX

I have the room but no where on my property to hide the trucks from view. To keep the wife happy and from killing me, I only have the shelter and the 73 deuce at the house for now. The af deuce is at friend's place parked on a concrete pad which has been nice to work on and have the exrta set of hands to help. The parts deuce is parked out back on another friend's farm. He has bunch of skid steers that will come in handy pulling the winch, engine, and tranny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks