• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did not get my SF-97: They sent me a title

Just posting a FYI:

Paid the $60 SF-97 fee and govliq simply sent me a FLORIDA title hand signed over to me with address, info and sale price filled out. That should save me some potential hassle at the DMV. Came in about 2-3 weeks from the time the online form was filled out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats different. I usually get the paperwork from them and they issue me a title in my name but perhaps that is because I'm a FL resident. Are they listed as the owner/seller on the FL title?

3dubs

The whole Florida title just amkes a mess! It is another piece of paper for some person that has a bad attitude to figure out! *^&$#@ GL says they have to date things as of the sale date of the auction. If they are going to send a title then it needs to be dated when they send it not the auction date. It looks like I have been sitting around for a couple months with a title. At least with the SF-97 it shows it came from the Gov. For $60 dollars they should send a title from my state! How about just a stupid bill of sale? I can get a title with that. Just show it was an untitled vehicle on a bill of sale and it include it with the sale! Then if someone needs a Florida title charge for that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dare you to send back that title, and demand an SF-97, like you paid for!:wink:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a Florida title as well. I figured it was better than an SF-97 but what do I know....

scrapman

For those who recieved a Florida title it is because GL is using Eglin to process your paper under the authority of a automobile dealers license bought by GL/issued by Florida. It is Florida law that because GL is doing business in the state, they must apply for and provide a Florida title. Yes I agree it is a convoluted mess. I.E. truck was in Kansas--paperwork EUC goes to Arizona & Michigan, and the buyer lives in Nebraska, then a Florida title appears.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I for one, hope they send me a Florida title. Ohio is really simple if you already have a title from another state. All you need is the title and an out of state inspection, which I already have. The inspection consists of verifying the mileage and VIN number. I sent my $60 in about 2 weeks ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back before the 30 day time limit on my inspection.

3dubs

Hey I just took all the junk they sent me down and let the county figure it out. It would be really funny to send it back. Hey i want the SF-97 i paid for. Hey wait if I do not get a SF-97 then I should get my money back! It is a contract and they did not deliver... OK, I will just get another beer and ask what is going on with a smile. As long as I get tags it all good. But it would be funny to ask for my money back just for a good laugh.

ah1955

It's been a while ago now but I got the SF97 showing the govt. transfer to GL and a FL. dealer reconsignment to me. PA.'s dmv had no problem at all with that, as a mater of a fact I used a messagure service to send in to Hbg. and got my PA. title just like any other transfer.
All you are doing is buying a vehicle from a FL. dealer who's invetory is located at different places. Basic standard for interstate transactions.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my first sf-97 from gl in april took sf-97 from gov. to gl and billof sale along with florida tittle crossed out and sf-97 hand wrote on it and in and out of secratary of state office in ten minutes with a temp. plate and had the tittle in 5 days but here in michigan it depends witch sos office you go to the office i went to never proscess one before but the manager had no problem with gls paperwork

Here is another thing to consider...maybe not so much with the M35's, but the HMMWV's I have bought and sold:

The SF-97 proves legal transfer from the government to a civilian entity. I would keep a copy of any SF-97 even though the DMV takes the original-its another proof of ownership/history.

I am happy with my Florida title-I think it makes it easier for me in VA, although I just did title 3 HMMWV's with only a bill of sale and the SF-97's last summer (after trying 3 different DMV's).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks