• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did not get my SF-97: They sent me a title

Just posting a FYI:

Paid the $60 SF-97 fee and govliq simply sent me a FLORIDA title hand signed over to me with address, info and sale price filled out. That should save me some potential hassle at the DMV. Came in about 2-3 weeks from the time the online form was filled out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats different. I usually get the paperwork from them and they issue me a title in my name but perhaps that is because I'm a FL resident. Are they listed as the owner/seller on the FL title?

3dubs

The whole Florida title just amkes a mess! It is another piece of paper for some person that has a bad attitude to figure out! *^&$#@ GL says they have to date things as of the sale date of the auction. If they are going to send a title then it needs to be dated when they send it not the auction date. It looks like I have been sitting around for a couple months with a title. At least with the SF-97 it shows it came from the Gov. For $60 dollars they should send a title from my state! How about just a stupid bill of sale? I can get a title with that. Just show it was an untitled vehicle on a bill of sale and it include it with the sale! Then if someone needs a Florida title charge for that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dare you to send back that title, and demand an SF-97, like you paid for!:wink:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a Florida title as well. I figured it was better than an SF-97 but what do I know....

scrapman

For those who recieved a Florida title it is because GL is using Eglin to process your paper under the authority of a automobile dealers license bought by GL/issued by Florida. It is Florida law that because GL is doing business in the state, they must apply for and provide a Florida title. Yes I agree it is a convoluted mess. I.E. truck was in Kansas--paperwork EUC goes to Arizona & Michigan, and the buyer lives in Nebraska, then a Florida title appears.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I for one, hope they send me a Florida title. Ohio is really simple if you already have a title from another state. All you need is the title and an out of state inspection, which I already have. The inspection consists of verifying the mileage and VIN number. I sent my $60 in about 2 weeks ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back before the 30 day time limit on my inspection.

3dubs

Hey I just took all the junk they sent me down and let the county figure it out. It would be really funny to send it back. Hey i want the SF-97 i paid for. Hey wait if I do not get a SF-97 then I should get my money back! It is a contract and they did not deliver... OK, I will just get another beer and ask what is going on with a smile. As long as I get tags it all good. But it would be funny to ask for my money back just for a good laugh.

ah1955

It's been a while ago now but I got the SF97 showing the govt. transfer to GL and a FL. dealer reconsignment to me. PA.'s dmv had no problem at all with that, as a mater of a fact I used a messagure service to send in to Hbg. and got my PA. title just like any other transfer.
All you are doing is buying a vehicle from a FL. dealer who's invetory is located at different places. Basic standard for interstate transactions.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my first sf-97 from gl in april took sf-97 from gov. to gl and billof sale along with florida tittle crossed out and sf-97 hand wrote on it and in and out of secratary of state office in ten minutes with a temp. plate and had the tittle in 5 days but here in michigan it depends witch sos office you go to the office i went to never proscess one before but the manager had no problem with gls paperwork

Here is another thing to consider...maybe not so much with the M35's, but the HMMWV's I have bought and sold:

The SF-97 proves legal transfer from the government to a civilian entity. I would keep a copy of any SF-97 even though the DMV takes the original-its another proof of ownership/history.

I am happy with my Florida title-I think it makes it easier for me in VA, although I just did title 3 HMMWV's with only a bill of sale and the SF-97's last summer (after trying 3 different DMV's).