• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I fixed my air pack leak....

progun

.. sort of. I had the constant leak I heard otheres talk about here. I have the new styly air pack that apparently there is no rebuild kit for yet so I disassembled the air side of it. I took out the circlip and sure enough the rubber disk with the metal in it was swollen and busted. I used a pick to carefully remove the corrosion from the metal disc without tearing the rubber more. I filled it with black rtv in the pocket and squeezed out the excess. I installed the disc again with the other side facing out to get a good seal. It worked! At least for now I am building 90 psi and holding air long after shutdown. Sorr, I didn't take pics, it happened fast. I took the whole unit to NAPA first and they said they had never seen one.

bryan70546

Hey Pau, Glad your enjoying working on the deuce , great to hear you got it fixed , only have a few more days in north dakota for work , then it will be home for a month .I plan on taking mine over to your place when i get in cant wait to see yours buddy.:D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not trust mine, or anyone else's lives, with a dab of RTV. Fix it with the right part or get a new Air pack. That's my opinion.2cents

zak

I agree with Doghead. After working saturday to free up a sticking gas pedal, I took it to the station for diesel. As I was putting it in its parking
spot back home the pedal went to the floor. I almost had a heart attack. A steel brake line gave way on the front rear axel. What if this happened on the road? No driving till a new line and a CLOSE inspection of all others. Even the slightest question and their getting replaced. Ordered a gallon of dot 5 today for the job and looking for a source for the rubber lines.

progun

Really, the brakes were working with this part leaking profusely. All I did was stop a leak on the air side. The hydraulic side is well intact. Noticed no difference in brake function.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks