• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I fixed my air pack leak....

progun

.. sort of. I had the constant leak I heard otheres talk about here. I have the new styly air pack that apparently there is no rebuild kit for yet so I disassembled the air side of it. I took out the circlip and sure enough the rubber disk with the metal in it was swollen and busted. I used a pick to carefully remove the corrosion from the metal disc without tearing the rubber more. I filled it with black rtv in the pocket and squeezed out the excess. I installed the disc again with the other side facing out to get a good seal. It worked! At least for now I am building 90 psi and holding air long after shutdown. Sorr, I didn't take pics, it happened fast. I took the whole unit to NAPA first and they said they had never seen one.

bryan70546

Hey Pau, Glad your enjoying working on the deuce , great to hear you got it fixed , only have a few more days in north dakota for work , then it will be home for a month .I plan on taking mine over to your place when i get in cant wait to see yours buddy.:D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not trust mine, or anyone else's lives, with a dab of RTV. Fix it with the right part or get a new Air pack. That's my opinion.2cents

zak

I agree with Doghead. After working saturday to free up a sticking gas pedal, I took it to the station for diesel. As I was putting it in its parking
spot back home the pedal went to the floor. I almost had a heart attack. A steel brake line gave way on the front rear axel. What if this happened on the road? No driving till a new line and a CLOSE inspection of all others. Even the slightest question and their getting replaced. Ordered a gallon of dot 5 today for the job and looking for a source for the rubber lines.

progun

Really, the brakes were working with this part leaking profusely. All I did was stop a leak on the air side. The hydraulic side is well intact. Noticed no difference in brake function.